Giants Rookie LB Greg Jones Likely To Start Vs. Redskins On Sunday

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by BigBlueBruiser, Sep 7, 2011.

1. On the same day that Clint Sintim underwent surgery on his torn ACL and ruptured patellar tendon, the Giants learned they lost Jonathan Goff for the season. Goff was entering his second season as the starting middle linebacker and had a solid preseason. The Giants were taking a hard look at former Big Blue linebacker Kawika Mitchell and could sign him shortly if he’s healthy, but even if the Giants sign a veteran linebacker, they only have a few days before the season opener on Sunday against the Redskins. Defensive Coordinator Perry Fewell might have to start rookie Greg Jones. The sixth-round pick out Michigan State has impressed the team in the preseason.

Source: ESPN New York

2. Fewell will do what he can to give Jones the best chances to succeed.

I am intrigued to see what he can bring to the table as a starter.......

3. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

This. I loved the Jones pick. Didn't expect him to get this role so early, but this kid is a leader, hopefully he can step up and never give the job back.

4. YEAH DUDE!

YEAH DUDE! CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!

I've watched Jones his whole career, I'm excited for him. GO GREEN! Rooting for the Giants this week.

5. cKlass

cKlass Rookie

I hope this works out for the kid and the Giants.

6. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

This dude is almost exact same size as Casey Matthews. Matthews is 6'1 and says he's now 240-245, Jones is 6'0 and 240. Might be a little heavier now that he's lifting with the big boys.

7. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Excited to see what this kid can do.

8. YEAH DUDE!

YEAH DUDE! CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!

Hows Jones been playing for you guys? I saw him a little bit tonight, made a few plays.