NFL Okay With Non Fumble Call On Giants WR Victor Cruz

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by Sweets, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The Victor Cruz "non-fumble" will be one of the most debated and talked about officiating calls from Week 4. FOX analyst, former NFL head of officiating Mike Pereira believes the play should have been ruled a fumble which was recovered by the Cardinals. According to Mike Garafolo of the Newark Star-Ledger, Carl Johnson, the NFL's vice president of officiating, agreed with the call made on the field when Cruz was ruled to have declared himself down, according to someone informed of Johnson's review of the play. The person requested anonymity because the league didn't release any information on Johnson's review of the play. The play could not be challenged because it's a judgment call and the Giants scored the game-winning touchdown on the next play.

Source: The Redzone

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  2. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

As the Giants should be happy along with all Giant fans. We caught a big break on that play

3. KISSman

KISSman QB Expert

I'm OK with it too.

4. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Buncha bullcrap if you ask me. Once again the NFL wipes the butt of their refs after they crap the bed on a call once again.

Cruz got bailed out after a brainfart. But, hey what can you do right?

5. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

i dont know after seeing the rules on nfl tv it did look like he gave himself up without trying to advance to ball

id say good call

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

he didnt declare crap, he thought he was touched. that equals fumble.

the giants were gift wrapped that game.

7. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

that^^^^^^

8. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

This.

When Cruz and Manning basically come out and say they thought they were screwed, it's a bad freaking call.

9. nyg hitstick

nyg hitstick Special Teamer

Gift wrapped?

They made the plays to win the game. They were fortunate with that call.. I'll agree. But AZ had a chance to make the game winning drive. They blew it..

No way you can consider this a gift wrap win.. Eli played well and looked unstoppable last 5 mins of the 4th qtr.

Wisenhunt crap the bed by not calling a TO on that 4th down play that eneded it for them.. Not like the REF's stopped them from winning.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1tokHtcvZo]Victor Cruz Fumble Refs Blew Giants vs. Cardinals 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

No...gift wrapped is pretty much the correct description.

11. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

That's what Burress essentially did a few years back right? No one made contact with him and he ruled himself down? Unfortunately you need to wait until the ref blows the whistle, not the noises in your head. If this went the other way the New York fans and media would be up in arms calling for the ref's head on a platter.