Let Us Know Who Your Favorite NFL Team Is And Why!

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SRW, Mar 26, 2005.

?

So who is your favorite NFL team?

1. Buffalo Bills

26.1%
  2. Miami Dolphins

1.9%
  3. New England Patriots

1.9%
  4. New York Jets

2.2%
  5. Baltimore Ravens

1.9%
  6. Cincinnatti Bengals

1.1%
  7. Cleveland Browns

1.1%
  8. Pittsburgh Steelers

4.9%
  9. Houston Texans

0.7%
  10. Indianapolis Colts

1.9%
  11. Jacksonville Jaguars

1.1%
  12. Tennessee Titans

1.1%
  13. Denver Broncos

1.9%
  14. Kansas City Chiefs

3.0%
  15. Oakland Raiders

3.7%
  16. San Diego Chargers

1.9%
  17. Dallas Cowboys

5.6%
  18. New York Giants

2.6%
  19. Philadelphia Eagles

3.7%
  20. Washington Redskins

4.1%
  21. Chicago Bears

3.7%
  22. Detroit Lions

2.2%
  23. Minnesota Vikings

1.9%
  24. Green Bay Packers

2.2%
  25. Atlanta Falcons

0.4%
  26. Carolina Panthers

1.1%
  27. New Orleans Saints

3.4%
  28. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

1.9%
  29. Arizona Cardinals

1.5%
  30. St.Louis Rams

2.6%
  31. San Francisco 49ers

6.3%
  32. Seattle Seahawks

0.4%
  1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Anyone looking to comment on the arguement that was happening in this thread can take it here:

http://forums.gridironfans.com/viewtopic.php?t=33373

I split the topic since it became something that belonged in the Fight Club and was off topic of this existing thread.

2. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

I am a raiders fan always have been. my dad is a raiders fan because he always liked thier style and the type of players they used to have so i was brought up a raiders fan and have just remained one even in these dark days

3. BigClaws

BigClaws Starter

Well, it wasn't a tough choice for me- DA BEARS!

I was born, raised, and reside in Chicago so that's the easy part. What makes me proud to be a Bears fan is the history of the franchise. George Hallas was the founder of the Chicago Bears, and the founder of the NFL. We have had a storied history and, believe it or not, have won quite a few champoinships over the years. One Superbowl win doesn't really do my team justice, but it will be two after this year :) ! Guys like Butkus, Payton, Singletary, O'Bradovich, Ditka, and a stable of others represent a great city and do it well.

I am also happy to add that the packers suck. That is a no brainer though. :lol:

4. HAIKUDYVR

HAIKUDYVR SEAHAWKS GOT RAPED LOL

SORRY TO SAY BUT THAT YEAR WHEN THE TITANS BEAT THE STEELERS IN THAT PLAYOFF GAME, WHATS HIS NAME " THE KICKER NEDLEY?" YAH HE SHOULDVE WENT TO THE SOAP OPRA ACTING BUISNESS!!! ROUGHING THE KICKER MY BUTT !!! WE WOULDVE HAD 7 SUPERBOWLS ALREADY !!! THAT YEAR WE KICKED TAMPAS BUTT MONDAY NIGHT INSTEAD THE RAIDERS WENT , THAT WAS EMBARRISING!!!

5. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Haiku, please refrain from typing everything in Caps, we've had to break someone else of that habit and I don't relish the thought of breaking in someone else...

Thanx

6. RickyBobby

RickyBobby Starter

I started watching the Dolphins back in the early 80's. I fell in love with Marino, Clayton and Duper......loved the fish ever since.

7. jpgoalie

jpgoalie skins forever

Good post bro I am proud of you.
    Yes I can attest to all those heartaches you had to endure as a Houston Oiler fan.
    I remember you wanted to be Warren Moon and you would have done anything to meet the guy. He was pretty much your idol.
    I grew up loving hockey before football. But fortunately for me ,we started spending Sundays together with our satellite watching all the games. Ordering pizza , wedges , and pretty much made a day and night out of it.
    The redskins will be the team that I go to the grave with as you well know. I fell in love watching the skins and their ground game that they always possessed.
    Russ Grimm, Joe Jacoby, Jeff Bostic, Jim Lachey, Raleigh McKenzie, Mark May. These guys would rip your eyes out and piss in your eye sockets. They were nasty and opened up holes for the likes of George Rogers, Earnest Byner, Gerrald Riggs, and many more.
    Anyway Hail to the Redskins. :)

8. Simno

Simno Starter

I can't remember if I've already replied to this, but seeing as it's a new account, I get another vote, which I shall use wisely.

I'm a Cards fan. No idea why, but I chose Arizona as my state of choice for following sport. It started with the Phoenix Coyotes, then I becamse a Cards fan after following the Scottish Claymores of NFL Europe for a couple of years.

So yeah, say what you like, but we'll get you next year.... or the year after.... all right, we'll get you eventually... maybe.

9. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Let's hope the noobs here see this and let us know why they picked the teams they did.

10. Ronin 49er

Ronin 49er EyeInTheSkyDontLie

Hey Sweets.

Well another Niner fan here. Born into a Niner family so that's how it is.

Just wanted to hear different perspectives on the game we love.

11. Cheezymadman

Cheezymadman Born Again Browns Backer

Back when I was young, impressionable, and stupid, I was a Browns fan.

When they left for Baltimore, I figured "Well, they're not coming back. Better find a new team." It was about that time that Jacksonville came into the league and went incredibly deep in the playoffs.

So, I was a bandwagon fan at first, but now, after they've started to suck, I guess I'm just a fan.

12. skinsfan1

skinsfan1 BANNED

I have been a skins fan all my life. I loved the glory days of "The Hogs" and joe gibbs first time around. I appricate Gibbs trying to bring us back to glory.

13. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Hey Ronin, welcome to GIF, great to have you here dude. Love your sig pic BTW...hope to see you posting a lot, we talk about all the teams here not just the 49ers...

however....

49er fans totally RULE!!!!

14. happ

happ PECAVI

I lived in GA when I was little and became a Falcons fan as a result. This was during the Chris Miller - Deion Sanders - Andre Rison -Jessie Tuggle - Scott Case - Jerry Glanville days. Before they drafted Vick it was nearly impossible to find anything Falcons-related here in Oklahoma or in Arizona, where I lived previously.

15. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston ¡Vamos Houston!

Glandville was a fun coach to have around.
    <House of Pain>
    :twisted:

16. jagfangirl27

jagfangirl27 Queen bitch of all that

How I became a Jaguars fan

My stepmom got me into watching football, and the second game I ever sat and watched was the Monday Night Football game last season between the Steelers and the Jaguars.

My husband is a die-hard Steelers fan, so I was kind of pulling for Jax just to piss him off. But then Rashean Mathis made an interception. And then me made another one. He totally changed the flow of the game in favor of the Jaguars, and he could run like nothing I'd ever seen. I decided after the second pick that Rashean was going to be my favorite player forever.

Of course, the Jags beat the reigning Super Bowl Champions in that game and kept them scoreless. I was so impressed, I decided I was going to be a Jaguars fan. So far, I haven't regretted it.

17. AdiBear

AdiBear 1st Stringer

I have been a Bears fan since the 1985 season..I jumped on the William Perry bandwagon and never got off..I'm from England and being a American Football fan way back in the 80's had its ups and downs...watching Da Bears in SuperBowl XX has to be the best up,but because of the time differnce between the US and the UK the game didnt finnish till gone 3am.
    I got to see Walter "Sweetness" Payton and Da Bears take on the Cowboys at Wemberly London England in 1986.
    Now I live in North Idaho with my (American) wife and 20 month old baby boy and still have the same passion for Da Bears after all those years of hurt,bad Bears teams and SNL sketch's...funny thing is now people think I like Da Bears because they are winning

18. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Adi, people think that crap all the time. I was accused of being a bandwagon fan last year because my fav. basketball team are the Miami Heat. I've been a fan since 1995. I'm sure the Patriot fans here the same thing as did the Steeler fans this year..

19. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

I thought I had but it appears that I haven't told my "story" here... not in this topic anyway.

I'm a 49ers fan since the day american football entered my life, back in 1991.
    There was that 30-minute documentary about the great Joe Montana on French TV and I have almost immediately been interested in the sport and that guy's team, the San Francisco 49ers.
    Too bad for me, that happened just after the back to back Super Bowl wins and I had to wait until January of 1995 to see them with my own eyes reach the top of the football world for the fifth time.

20. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

I am a 49ers fan since 1990 when I was just a small child of 6, I remember going to a superbowl party and watching them annahilate the Broncos 55-10. I have loved them ever since. It's really my first football related memory.