Cowboys Defensive Coordinator Rob Ryan Says 'I'm The Best At What I Do'

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by SRW, Nov 5, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Rob Ryan is the best defensive coordinator in the NFL -- just ask him. A week after the Eagles embarrassed him and his defense, Ryan is talking again. Unlike Ryan's two previous gum-flapping episodes this season (declaring that Miles Austin and Dez Bryant were better than Detroit's Calvin Johnson, and calling the Eagles "all hype" before noting that his defense would "beat their ass"), this time he had the good sense to make sure Dallas' opponent was sufficiently awful. So with the Seahawks coming to town, Ryan was back to making grand proclamations. “I take a lot of pride in my job,â€￾ Ryan said, according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. “I’m the best at what I do. Every once in a while you throw a dud out there. You can’t be great if you can’t come back from one bad game.â€￾

Source: CBS Sports

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Show him some tape of last week's game...

3. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

Well he and his brother sure have one thing in common, idiots.

4. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Jesus Christ. Now I know why the Cowboys defense sucked so bad. This butthole spends all his time talking instead of developing a gameplan.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

What a douche bag...

6. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

He's a Ryan.. What do you expect? Like father like son's. seriously guys.. This should not be a surprise to anyone who has watched NFL for the past 20 years.

7. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I'm not surprised in the least. It's just getting freaking old.

8. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

No arguments about it getting old. But just like brother and father, they have a big mouth. :p

9. Rottstein

Rottstein Rookie

This is all on the media and the only reason it gets any playtime is because of his brother. They need to stop being sensationalistic just to get people to read their drivel. Honestly if there is no story to read out there it doesn't mean you need to make one up. I'm sure there are is a hundred times a day someone on the practice field is yelling that they are the best and can't be beaten etc. It doesn't make it a newsworthy story.

We only hear this one because his brother is a head coach and media needs to know what he has to say as a head coach. I'm sure they are plenty of other coordinators out there that are very exuberant and outspoken but since the media doesn't know they are that way we don't hear about it. I'm sure Rex and Rob were the same way when both were coordinators and we never heard about it because they didn't have to face the media, now we do and it's a shame that the media turns everything into a circus if they can make a penny off of it.

10. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Amen.

He needs to spend less time talking to the media and more time developing a defensive scheme.

11. YEAH DUDE!

YEAH DUDE! CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!

WHOA...WHOA...WHOA!

WHOA!

I didn't know Rob Ryan was Wolverine?!?!?!
    (That's Wolverines catchphrase)

12. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Headed has done good said far the cowboys d was horrendous last yr... And now it's being alot better so far ...with a short training camp...

sent from my supercharged EVO

13. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

What Omen said