Players Reject Latest Offer; Will Look To Decertify

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by TheDuke, Nov 14, 2011.

1. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

NEW YORK -- NBA players rejected the league's latest offer Monday and began disbanding the union, likely jeopardizing the season. "We're prepared to file this antitrust action against the NBA," union executive director Billy Hunter said of the possibility the union will take the league to court. "That's the best situation where players can get their due process." And that's a tragedy as far as NBA commissioner David Stern is concerned. "It looks like the 2011-12 season is really in jeopardy," Stern said in an interview aired on ESPN's "SportsCenter." "It's just a big charade. To do it now, the union is ratcheting up I guess to see if they can scare the NBA owners or something. That's not happening."

Source:ESPN

2. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Screw the players. If we were looking at guys who make like, 25k a year to do what they do, I MIGHT be inclined to side with them. But we're talking guys who make a minimum of 398k a year. Freaking really? To play a GAME!? I know that there are LOTS of people on this forum that work a hell of a lot more than a part of the year and don't make that. Let's compare. NBA players work what, 9 months out of the year and make 400k at minimum. Teachers teach 9 months out of the year and make what, 30k minimum? No offense to anyone who loves the NBA but these mother heckers don't make the impact a teacher makes and don't deserve more money. Screw, they make more than the president! Screw you money grubbing c**k suckers!

1 person likes this.
  3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

To further Duke's post, my youngest graduated with a degree in Special Education and when she finally located someone who was hiring (with all the cut backs), her annual would have been $29,800. What's that....about $1,300 take home every two weeks? She had to take a job with Fedex to survive, but she wishes she could teach. Sad.

There's a lot of posters on GIF that are pro-union and that's cool. Some unions are almost a must for some trades, but not the NBA. All this bullcrap talk of the owners being "plantation owners", just heck the players. How freaking insulting to the "slaves" in other unions trying to keep their home and pay for the utilities, food and clothing. Screw the players, heck their union and heck their voracious appetites for money they feel entitled to. Regardless of what happens in a courtroom, in the court of public opinion the players are going to find very few shoulders to cry on.

4. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Just like the NFL lockout, I find it very hard to side with either side in this dispute. I just want the two sides to came to an agreement ASAP.

5. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Rag, the owners have opened their books and shown that they are losing money hand over fist. They Players are just being Divas and not willing to compromise at all.

Screw them

6. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

yea heck the nba there not even that entertaining to begin with

7. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

In my Financial Aspect of Sport class we found out that the ONLY major sports league where owners are losing money year after year is the NBA.

So in this case, heck the players.

8. I've prepared myself for no NBA season..

9. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Screw them all, minus Mark Cuban. Dude should just start his own league! Screw them all for being greedy hecks.

10. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

David Stern is a terrible commissioner. How teams cant fill seats in the NBA is beside me.

That being said, the players are dead wrong here

11. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Let the motherheckers go unionless and negotiate their own deals with no guarantees of a base. Then the scrubs can make around $100,000 on a one-year deals and pray they get resigned.
    To what DMB said, why ESPN and all major sports news outlets aren't giving airtime to the fact that owners are getting hammered is beyond me. Very rarely will you hear something on that topic.

12. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

I think both side are too greedy

13. lambertjr

lambertjr FNG

If these morons had a brain they would look at what happened after the NHL cancelled a season.....You can only find games on their network and regional sports networks.

I hope they do cancel the season. Time for the spoiled snitches to get some reality in their lives.

14. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

I guess the WNBA will take over now.

:Loco:

15. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Let's see how strong the players union is when they don't get paid for 6 to 7 months.

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

the nba blows anymore so i will not miss a minute of the season.

17. YEAH DUDE!

YEAH DUDE! CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!

I saw on twitter the other day, I think it was Kevin Durant getting pissed off at his followers saying like if one more person tweets him and tells "stop being selfish" bla bla bla...and that they gave up too much already. I laughed a little and thought "what exactly have you given up?"

I think more and more people just don't care, all these guys are divas and think they are untouchable. Let them play overseas, we have College Football/Basketball and we have Football still and Hockey is just starting. TBH I could care less about the NBA anymore. This isn't the same league with Magic/Jordan/Bird I grew up with in the 90's, and it just doesn't seem important anymore. I mean look at these players, get spoiled and paid guaranteed contract, they get all that money unlike the NFL. These guys sometimes straight up ruin coaches, flat out won't listen and sometimes in the case of my team, just sit out and protest. Seriously, why have coaches in the NBA anymore? Guys don't listen to them and often due to contracts the coach is often let go before the player if they have issues. I remember hearing about LeBron in Cleavland getting away with whatever he wanted, in fear he'd leave.

I just have no respect for these overpaid babies. They live such a hard life...While a lot of us starve, homeless and lose our jobs. Struggle to get by period..yet these guys in there mansions, with there 13 cars and "BLING" they spent millions on, in these thousand dollar suits stand there and try to make you feel sorry for them? Oh cry me a freaking river... Good riddance NBA

18. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

The NBA is exponentially more popular than Hockey. People will still tune in even if they lose an entire year.