The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

lurie needs to clean house. much like the phillies did when they got rid of the selfish divas like abreu and leiberthal along with bowa who wasnt cutting it as a manager.

2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Agreed. If you're gonna do it, do it right.

3. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I'm gonna agree with this once again after last night's debacle.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

this team is a sitcom at this point.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Good article...Steve Smith point is dead on!

7. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Don't have the time to read it now, but if anyone wants to blame Roseman and/or Banner for how this season has gone down they need to suck a rod. They assembled arguably the best players on any football team in the league. It's the coaching staff's job to get the most out of the group.

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

how doesn't the front office bare some of the blame ? they brought in two press coverage CB's to play in a zone based defense. they decided the team didnt need better lb's even after they hired jim washburn with that wide 9 crap (before the DC was hired). they decided to draft casey matthews along with several other stiffs over the past two years. they decided to rod around with a WR diva that was being grossly underpaid. they decided some of that money was better served signing steve smith.

9. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

The season blows. but positives have came out of it. we need to clean house and keep our core players. mccoy, maclin, o-line( they only do bad when vick plays), cole, chaney, asoughma, other than them we should start holding open auditions lol... could make a case for babin... but hes probably the worst end against the run that i have ever seen. teams average 8 yards a carry to his side. damn thats as bad as it gets.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

and babin has no issue telling everyone he doesnt care about stopping the run. thw wide 9 nonsense needs to leave with washburn and this team needs a REAL dc. how do you (the front office) claim to be "all-in" and yet hire jaun castillo ? over rod juaron who was on the staff and has a proven track record ? :banghead:

11. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Of course these douchebags play like they should all year when there is no pressure.

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  13. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

And they can still win the NFC East with a VERY reasonable schedule. They beat Dallas and the Giants win week 17 and we're in....Hmm.

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

all thanks to a pathetically mediocre division thanks to the coaches.

15. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

The Giants have to also lose to the Jets next week.

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

i hate suddenly feeling like an nfcw fan.

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

man, what a shame the eagles didnt have a chance to have the ota's and mini camps this off-season like the niners did.

18. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Final thoughts on the season...

-Reid pulled this season from the depths of hell back to .500. I know many others want his head, and I can't argue with their logic. I'm okay with giving the fat man another shot.

-I'm okay with Mornhinweg as OC. Most yards in team history, Shady was an animal, and Vick had moments of brilliance sprinkled among a very disappointing season. This team had 38 turnovers this season, most in the league. This needs to change in ridiculously huge way. I really want Mudd back for another year and think this line will be even better if we can talk him in to staying.

-I'm even okay with Castillo staying. It'd almost be a shame to let Castillo go through all of these growing pains as a DC only to finally start putting the pieces together in the last quarter of the season and then let him go. The D was on point down the home stretch. Let's not forget, while the D wasn't by any means great all year, they did hold leads heading into the 4th in what, at least 5 of the losses? They shat on themselves over and over like the entire team did (see above: 38 turnovers is inexcusable), but they had opportunities. Now if Spags is willing or someone else of that caliber wants to take the helm, definitely open to that...

Vick- needs to improve. Simple as that. And he needs to change his entire thought process. He MUST start getting the ball out of his hands earlier on a consistent basis. He gets punished every game because he doesn't make a decision fast enough.
    McCoy- keep on doing what he is doing. A great year and should be even better next year.
    Schmitt- can't complain.
    Jackson- good season, not great. some of that is credited to the defense, some of that falls on him for admittedly not giving 100% out of fear of injury. I'm okay with whatever the FO decides, so long as they sign some sort of impact player if they let D-Jax walk.
    Maclin- good season, needs to toughen up. needs to take it up to the next level in 2012.
    Avant- does his thing and does it well. like Maclin, had a few key lapses during the season that were disappointing but I see him rebounding fine.
    Celek- really came on late in the season. if he played the first eight games like he did the last eight (or if Vick got him the ball earlier in the season), he would've had over 1,000 yards.
    Harbor- meh.
    Peters- earned that money and that Pro Bowl selection
    Mathis- one of the best offseason additions. played excellent football
    Kelce- major progression as the year went on. like what the future holds
    Watkins- same as above. still has some work to do.
    Herremans- overall, he played very well this season.

Cole- monster as always, and as always seems to wear down at the end of the season.
    Jenkins- didn't pay much attention to him in the second half of the season, but that might very well be because his play dropped off, at least in the pass-rush.
    Patterson- meh. not particularly impressed with his play.
    Babin- big time pass rusher. not particularly good against the run, but I'll accept the trade-off here. He had a big season.
    Rolle- improved from week to week in his rookie campaign. will contribute next year.
    Chaney- same as Rolle, got better every week. I think he can be the mike for a long time.
    Fokou- average. like him for depth, but I think he is the guy that needs to be replaced by an impact player.
    Asomugha- took his lumps. With him and DRC likely starting, this team needs to install a defense focusing on man coverage next year to get the most out of this tandem.
    Samuel- another good season by the vet. Hate to see him go, but looks like he is the odd man out here. I loved his tweet this weekend where he said this was the first time in his career he missed the playoffs. lol.
    DRC- was on my crap list till the last week of the season where he filled in as starter. And he looked pretty damn good.
    Allen- same as DRC, wasn't happy with his play this season but he partially redeemed himself with a great game against Washington.
    Coleman- one of the pleasant surprised of the season. Turned out to be real good.
    Page- heck off
    Jarrett- need to see more.

Excited for next year. I think we are only a few pieces away from being a contender again. Sad for the season to be over, but looking forward to what happens this offseason.

Major questions to be answered:

1. What happens at DC?
    2. Do we resign DeSean?
    3. Will we keep Mathis? Parker? Landri? Dunlap?
    4. What moves do we make in FA?
    5. What are we doing with the number 15 pick?

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

Andy Reid's press conference was a joke. The guy just flat out cant answer a question and I gotta say these writers are cats for not pushing the issue. His response to why he thinks the eagles didnt perform is that other teams have better records? And the writers accept that? Come on...

20. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

@Ward86 ; Andy Reid is AMAZING at Press Conferences. He knows how to completely not answer a question, cat foot around questions asked and NOT create drama. There are few Head Coaches in the NFL who will take a bullet for every single one of their players and not make a mockery (see Rex Ryan) of their position and Andy Reid does that perfectly. Jeffery Lurie said it during his press conference today that players love playing for Reid. Bottom line.

Final thoughts on the season...

-Reid pulled this season from the depths of hell back to .500. I know many others want his head, and I can't argue with their logic. I'm okay with giving the fat man another shot.
    Bingo.

-I'm okay with Mornhinweg as OC. Most yards in team history, Shady was an animal, and Vick had moments of brilliance sprinkled among a very disappointing season. This team had 38 turnovers this season, most in the league. This needs to change in ridiculously huge way. I really want Mudd back for another year and think this line will be even better if we can talk him in to staying.
    Mudd is back for another season and we need to be less lazy with carrying the ball. The guys looked uninterested at points.

-I'm even okay with Castillo staying. It'd almost be a shame to let Castillo go through all of these growing pains as a DC only to finally start putting the pieces together in the last quarter of the season and then let him go. The D was on point down the home stretch. Let's not forget, while the D wasn't by any means great all year, they did hold leads heading into the 4th in what, at least 5 of the losses? They shat on themselves over and over like the entire team did (see above: 38 turnovers is inexcusable), but they had opportunities. Now if Spags is willing or someone else of that caliber wants to take the helm, definitely open to that...
    I actually agree at this point. Our D was the 8th ranked defense in the NFL this season and with a full off season to grow together, even with Castillo as the DC, they could be great. However, Spags is available and we'd be goobered not to go hard after him. He's good at developing LB's and that's what we need at this point.

Vick- needs to improve. Simple as that. And he needs to change his entire thought process. He MUST start getting the ball out of his hands earlier on a consistent basis. He gets punished every game because he doesn't make a decision fast enough.
    Needs to be 2010 Vick, not 2011
    McCoy- keep on doing what he is doing. A great year and should be even better next year.
    Agreed
    Schmitt- can't complain.
    Bingo
    Jackson- good season, not great. some of that is credited to the defense, some of that falls on him for admittedly not giving 100% out of fear of injury. I'm okay with whatever the FO decides, so long as they sign some sort of impact player if they let D-Jax walk.
    We need D Jax but not at the expense of not knowing which D Jax is going to show up.
    Maclin- good season, needs to toughen up. needs to take it up to the next level in 2012.
    Great player. Gets lazy and seems uninterested at times (see his key fumbles during the season)
    Avant- does his thing and does it well. like Maclin, had a few key lapses during the season that were disappointing but I see him rebounding fine.
    I LOVE Jason Avant. He's one of the better slot guys in the NFL and generally catches everything thrown at him. Had some lapses this year but all in all you can't ask for much more.
    Celek- really came on late in the season. if he played the first eight games like he did the last eight (or if Vick got him the ball earlier in the season), he would've had over 1,000 yards.
    Celek shows flashes. If he can get it together the WHOLE season he'd hands down be one of the top TE's in the NFL.
    Harbor- meh.
    Fred Davis is available. Go get him. Meh is the best to be said.
    Peters- earned that money and that Pro Bowl selection
    BEAST!
    Mathis- one of the best offseason additions. played excellent football
    See above
    Kelce- major progression as the year went on. like what the future holds
    Small, athletic, perfect for this O.
    Watkins- same as above. still has some work to do.
    A rookie and it showed but had some flashes of what he could be.
    Herremans- overall, he played very well this season.
    Been a stud for this team.

Cole- monster as always, and as always seems to wear down at the end of the season.
    Having Babin on the other side was great for him. A beast.
    Jenkins- didn't pay much attention to him in the second half of the season, but that might very well be because his play dropped off, at least in the pass-rush.
    Had a great 1st half. Wore down a little the 2nd half and got double teamed like a CHAMP by the O-line. Great at defending the run and moving the line.
    Patterson- meh. not particularly impressed with his play.
    I completely disagree here. I think Patterson had a great season especially with the knowledge that his noggin was a little off. 35 tackles, 2 sacks and a forced fumble from the interior isn't awful. He can grow A LOT but I think he's a great run stuffer up the middle.
    Babin- big time pass rusher. not particularly good against the run, but I'll accept the trade-off here. He had a big season.
    Should never have left but the Wide 9 paid off huge with this guy.
    Rolle- improved from week to week in his rookie campaign. will contribute next year.
    Had flashes but also looked out of place at times. Favorite LB on the squad at the moment.
    Chaney- same as Rolle, got better every week. I think he can be the mike for a long time.
    Meh. I think he's done pretty good and improved but I don't want him to be the mike for a long time unless he really steps it up.
    Fokou- average. like him for depth, but I think he is the guy that needs to be replaced by an impact player.
    Depth
    Asomugha- took his lumps. With him and DRC likely starting, this team needs to install a defense focusing on man coverage next year to get the most out of this tandem.
    Should've been one of the top DB's in the NFL but played zone the whole year and just looked out of place. Hopefully Juan can recognize that in the off season.
    Samuel- another good season by the vet. Hate to see him go, but looks like he is the odd man out here. I loved his tweet this weekend where he said this was the first time in his career he missed the playoffs. lol.
    Great DB. I'd love to see him in Philly in 2012 but I'd love for him to help get us a top pick in the draft. But he's a great player.
    DRC- was on my crap list till the last week of the season where he filled in as starter. And he looked pretty damn good.
    Potential pro bowler. Showed flashes of what he can do but needs to start to be comfortable.
    Allen- same as DRC, wasn't happy with his play this season but he partially redeemed himself with a great game against Washington.
    He's young and this was his first "full" season where he played most of the time. Still think he's our future center fielder.
    Coleman- one of the pleasant surprised of the season. Turned out to be real good.
    Screw Ohio State.
    Page- heck off
    Meh. Agree with big on that one.
    Jarrett- need to see more.
    Agreed

Excited for next year. I think we are only a few pieces away from being a contender again. Sad for the season to be over, but looking forward to what happens this offseason.

Major questions to be answered:

1. What happens at DC? Juan is the DC unless Raheem calls us or Spags says he wants to come back.
    2. Do we resign DeSean? Franchise at the very least. If the $$$ works out he'll be an Eagle for a very long time but if he's going to be a whiny snitch with the franchise tag, heck him. Enjoy Oakland.
    3. Will we keep Mathis? Parker? Landri? Dunlap? I wouldn't be shocked to see some of these kids turned for draft picks. It's what Andy is REALLY good at. Wouldn't mind Parker sticking around. No real attachment to the others.
    4. What moves do we make in FA? If D Jax is a snitch I can see us making a big play at V Jax or potentially making a run at Dwayne Bowe. We'll get a LB, I know that.
    5. What are we doing with the number 15 pick? Trade it up or draft an OL. :(