Chargers To Bring Back Head Coach Norv Turner, GM A.J. Smith

Discussion in 'San Diego Chargers' started by Sweets, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

San Diego Chargers Chairman of the Board & President Dean Spanos today officially ended speculation and confirmed that General Manager A.J. Smith and Head Coach Norv Turner will return in 2012. “Bottom line, I believe these two men give us the best chance to get back to the playoffs,†Spanos said. “A.J. Smith is the best man to improve our roster, and Norv Turner is the best man to lead that roster on the field. “Together, we have stability and experience that’s hard to find in the NFL. They’ve both been in this league a long time. I don’t think there is anything they haven’t seen or experienced. They’ve led us through some difficult situations. “As we’ve seen throughout Norv’s tenure and particularly this past season, the players believe in him, respect him and play hard for him. When we went through that tough stretch, no one quit. The team kept playing hard, and that’s a tribute to Norv’s leadership and the respect the players have for him. “Now we will take a hard look at everything, from player evaluation to coaching to the rash of injuries we’ve suffered in recent years. Injuries have killed us. And no one is ever perfect in this business. Player evaluation isn’t an exact science. We need to improve across the board and I’m going to make sure we do. “We all have our quirks and faults, but I want A.J. and Norv on my side. They are the right men to help us win a championship.â€

Source: The Redzone

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  2. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZBWfyYtYQY&feature=related]Rainbow Bunchie 10 hours - YouTube[/ame]

This video is the equivalent of this decision. I mean seriously WHAT THE FREAK????

3. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Commitment to mediocrity

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm happy with this move...do should the AFC West...

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

holy crap. this has to be a joke, right?

6. hugh

hugh bench warmer

It was the best thing Spanos could do. I can't think of one big name coach that has won a Superbowl and went to a new team and win again. The idea of changing coachs every seanson and a half has worked well for the Raiders this past decade.

7. YEAH DUDE!

YEAH DUDE! CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!

Love it. In a I hope the fail even worse sorta way.

8. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

is that you mr. spanos?

what does bringing in a super-bowl winning coach have to do with smith not being good at hiring coaches and dealing with players and norv not knowing how to lead a group of men?

they don't have to bring in cowher to find a new direction and better leadership. norv doesn't know how to motivate a team, that is very clear at this point. he should just be a coordinator, that's what he's good at. and smith is a great personnel guy but is horrible dealing with coaches and players and THAT is very clear at this point.

if i were a charger fan, i would boycott buying tickets or merchandise until new leadership is brought in ................ this is a joke.

9. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

Sweet.....our farm team stays intact...lol

10. I would be so pissed if I am a Charger fan. I'm fine with them keeping Smith but Turner and his coaching staff are mediocre. It's beyond disappointing how year in and year out they are average.

11. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

not sure how true this is but i heard the chargers were going after andy reid til jeff lurrie called them and told him he wont be fired. is that why norv and andy werent fired? who knows? lol:icon_confused:

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

This was announced before Luries presser.

13. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

This was like 3 or 4 days ago

14. FamousGuy909

FamousGuy909 Ticket Scalper

all i can say is this is some bullshaiiiiiiit, Dean Spanos has ZERO balls, since his daddy left him the team he is 3-3 in bad decisions, 1) firing Bobby Ross, 2) firing Marty shott and 3rd) keeping these two clowns, im sorry but im not renewing my tickets this year..... why cant we have a respectful owner and not some CHUMP with his daddys money...