New Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie Considering A Head Coaching Change

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by Sweets, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that according to league sources new Oakland Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie is considering a change in coaching despite denials by Kennard McGuire who represents both McKenzie and Hue Jackson. McKenzie is contemplating whether it would be wise to bring in his own coach despite his relationship with Jackson. One name to keep in mind if McKenzie decides to bring in his own coach is Packers assistant head coach Winston Moss who McKenzie likes and has played for the Raiders organization.

Source: The Redzone

2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Go get em Reggie!!!!

3. Moss would be a good hire imo...........

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2012
  4. wonderyears

wonderyears Rookie

No please, I love Hue and he did a pretty good job this year. Bresnahan was the donkey who ruined it.

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

so, here's my question: does anyone know who is running this team right now (who made the decision to hire reggie?)

6. wonderyears

wonderyears Rookie

Mark Davis and Amy Trask. And apparantly they went to Madden for help and he gave his endorsement for Reggie.

7. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Capt, from what I understand and heard around here(40miles from Oakland) Al Davis' son Mark has been making the top decisions and Hue Jackson has been taking care of the personnel ones.

8. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

ok, so this is the davis son's first major decision. it sounds like he's staying hands off and allowing the g.m. to decide on the coaches and everything so that's good.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think the Raiders will be going up from here...I don't think there's reason to believe anyone other than the GM will be making personnel decisions...

10. kenman923

kenman923 Rookie

He should just fire everyone and start over.

11. cKlass

cKlass Rookie

Hue has been doing pretty well with them considering the mess he inherited. I think they should give him another year, at least.

12. UNLEASHthaBEAST

UNLEASHthaBEAST NFLPA Warlock Assassin

Hugh should get another year but bring in Moss as DC, so he's already familiar with the team if Hugh doesn't get the job done.