Broncos Vs Patriots

Discussion in 'NFL Gameday' started by Sweets, Jan 8, 2012.

?

Who will win this game

Poll closed Jan 14, 2012.
  1. Broncos

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. Patriots

13 vote(s)
    92.9%
  1. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Actually thinking about driving to Laughlin to lay down a 4 team parlay which would include Denver +14.

2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I got a friend that runs something every week. Said he had a guy put $150 on the Steelers last week and lost. So he put $165 on the over in the BCS championship game to try and recoup his loss. Freaking dumbbutt. lol.

3. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

Tom Brady breaks his arm, Pats still win.

4. markaz

Your buddy could probably retire off that guy alone.

5. panthergrl

panthergrl One and Only GTO Woman

Grant you I've been a Tebow fan since he was Chris Leaks backup for Florida. I really hope he and the Broncos can pull an upset,but in my heart of hearts,I feel that Brady and crew will wipe their asses with the Bronc's. Seems that the Pats are all healthy,unlike the Steelers who were pretty beaten up,but even still suspected the Steelers to win. Personally I thought James Harrison was gonna rip Tebow's head off! Glad that wasn't the case. Nevertheless will make for an exciting game to watch.

6. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Timmy and Company go up in smoke like St. Elmo's Fire. Pats will hand them their asses.

7. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i haven't heard very many people anywhere this week picking the broncos to win straight up ............. however, to issue an absolute about any predictions in sports is never a good idea ............ even though i was very sure the steelers were going to beat the broncos (about as sure as i will ever be about a football game), i only gave the steelers a 90% chance of winning

haven't we all been burned enough picking an 'absolute' winner to always leave at least a 10% chance of the underdog winning ?

to say the broncos have NO chance of winning is not the way to look at this game.............

8. markaz

The Rams beat the Saints in Week 8. Another "can't lose" game for one of the teams.

9. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

If it is a close game for whatever reason the Broncos will win. That is the only way they can win. Keep it close.

10. markaz

Pats fire power should prevail, but Tebow is actually throwing against a suspect secondary especially now with Tommy Chung's knee injury that apparently happened in practice yesterday. Could be a higher scoring game and close.

11. CaptainStubing

yep, i expect the broncos to be able to move the ball. if the pats stack the box to slow down the run, the broncos can go over the top as they did against the steelers because the pats don't have the corners.

i think the big concern for the broncos is being able to slow down the pats offense and not turn the ball over themselves. in their first meeting, the pats pretty much did want they wanted all day against the broncos defense and the broncos can probably not win a shootout.

the broncos will need to figure out how to get some stops (either punts, turnovers, or field goals) in addition to not turning the ball over to give themselves a chance in this one.

in their first meeting, the patriots had 11 legitimate drives (that weren't at the end of the game just running the clock out) and they had 5 td's, 2 fg's, 4 punts, and no turnovers and the Pats controlled the time of possession by several minutes.

The Broncos absolutely need to flip that script, turn a couple of those long td drives into punts or turnovers, control the t.o.p. and give their offense a couple of more opportunites than they had in their first meeting.

the broncos actually moved the ball very well against the pats defense in that first meeting, averaging almost 7 yards a play ............ they ran the ball right down the throats of the pats defense. However, if you recall, that was the game that the Broncos were fumbling the ball all over the field. if they hadn't started fumbling the ball all over the field in the middle of that game and gave the pats too many opportunities, who knows what would have happened.

I would say the broncos formula for winning is not that complicated. don't turn the ball over and get a couple of more stops against the pats offense and they could absolutely win a game something like 30-27 .......... i don't see that as an impossibility.

12. markaz

I was thinking 35-31 as a possible winning score for the Broncos should they win.

Of course I think the Pats will win, but I also thought Green Bay was merely going to scrimmage with the Chiefs.

13. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Pats scored right away

7-0 NE

14. CaptainStubing

uh oh. this game is starting out eerily resembling their first contest. broncos already put the ball on the turf ............

didn't the broncos read my keys to victory ???

15. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Tebow's five second windup gets interrupted by Nincovich and turns the ball over!

16. CaptainStubing

i'm going to be o.k. if this game is a blowout .................. that game earlier made my weekend of football completely satisfying regardless of what happens in the rest of the games

17. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Td under review.....

18. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

and it is good

13-0 Patriots

XP pending

19. CaptainStubing

i think everyone is still talking about the niners/saints game .......... no one is in here yet ............ haha

20. CaptainStubing

broncos got lucky there ................... could have been another fumble ..........................

i don't think this is looking very good for the broncos.......... this game is playing out very similar to their first meeting