Saints Vs 49ers

Discussion in 'NFL Gameday' started by Sweets, Jan 8, 2012.

?

Who will win this game

Poll closed Jan 14, 2012.
  1. Saints

10 vote(s)
    58.8%
  2. 49ers

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  1. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

this is the tightest pointspread of the weekend. hopefully it will live up to what is expected and be a well-played, close game.

2. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

the saints have beaten the 49ers the last six times they played including a tight one last year that was played outside at San Fran. People say the Saints are a dome team and stink on the road. While that is true for every team here is a little known fact. Since 2006 when Payton came here the Saints are the 3rd best road team. This year they are #1. Yes they play in a dome but they have a potent running game that cannot be ignored. And it isn't done with smoke and mirrors. They have the power game and the speed game. The draws and screens can devastate a team if not stopped early. San Fran has a great defense. That cannot be argued. I feel maybe the best in the league. But with the rules favoring the offense you have to go with the best offense. Just for arguments' sake, just say that the 49ers D holds the Saints offense to half their output that is still 20 some points. Can the 49ers score more than that? Our defense has given up yardage but not points. We are like in the middle teens in points allowed. We have only fumbled the ball away 6 times all year. The 49ers defense thrive on turnovers where they are in beast mode. I just don't see them stopping us that much. They will have to stop us on over 60 per cent of the possessions and I just don't see that. Unless, of course, there is an injury to a couple of our offensive guys. Then all bets are off.

3. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

and your still trying to convince yourself. must suck to be a saints fan. having all this pressure to beat the lonely niners . how many times do you need to repeat yourself? its the same crap since this thread got started and the whole underdog crap since playoffs got started is sickening. what is sad is that i think you fans believe yourself to be underdogs. the saints are one of the hottest teams right now. you gotta be scared. i mean why the heck would you keep going on about the niners and scoring tds. they dont do it very well. So why worry?

4. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

Going w/the 49ers. I don't think the Saints can pull it off on the road.

5. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I say the team that plays near water will win Saturday afternoon... :icon_mrgreen:

6. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

Gotta turn off ESPN bro....that's where all the no respect/underdog BS comes from

7. Saintsfan1972

So the team that was under water has the advantage....right? :icon_cheesygrin:

8. CaptainStubing

if you're wanting to throw out historical stats then I trump your entire post with this one ..............

Fact: The Saints have never won a road playoff game ................. EVER

Let's just all agree that hopefully it will be a well-played, entertaining game and both teams are worthy to win it if they play their best ball.

9. Saintsfan1972

Let's not forget about that little game called Super Bowl 44 that was played on the road...outside...on grbutt. Just saying.

10. Buck Fenson

that is some weak butt crap folks. most of the road losses came before this team. back in the 80's and 90's. I am not trying to convince myself crap hecktard. I was trying to show some respect for your offensively challenged team. If you played in a real division you wouldn't even sniff the playoffs. That division sucks. I mean really. A freaking sub .500 team won it last year. The 9ers shouldn't be the #2 seed cause your division is so freaking sad the wins against even crappier teams in the division shouldn't count. I don't get my info from ESPN. I actually look up my own crap from other sources. All we have to do is take out Gore and your team is hecked. You can't take out one of our players and stop us. Maybe except Brees but the running game will pound you in the painted dirt. I tried to show some respect for most of the teams here but heck that. No more. There is no way the 9er will win this game. And if they had to play last weekend they would be watching the playoffs this weekend. Enjoy this one game you wont be back in the playoffs for a while.

11. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I really can't wait for this game. It's easily the match-up I'm most excited for.

12. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston ¡Vamos Houston!

This should be 49ers since it's a home game but I think the pressure is going to get to them. Saint's got something to prove, and the Saint's want it more.

42-14 Saints.

13. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Saints want it more??? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA says who. Blu 42??? damn if that ends up being the score then our defense went on vacation and didn't tell Harbaugh. wtf :moe:

14. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston ¡Vamos Houston!

haha I thought...

15. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Hey I've worn that sig all season and my team is doing great, why fix what ain't broke...lol

16. CaptainStubing

actually, the last 4 times a top 5 offense has run into a top 5 defense in the playoffs, the defensive team has prevailed ............... what you SHOULD be showing respect for is a dominant defense that can shut down ANY offense in this league.

:wtf1: the niners played a harder schedule than the saints this year. they played 9 games against teams that were 8-8 or better. the saints only played 7. and as far as 'lay down' games, your saints had more of those than the niners also, getting to play the Bucs twice, the rams, the jaguars, the colts, and the vikings. In fact, I would say the Saints had the easiest schedule of any NFC team this year so maybe a lot of the SAINTS 13 wins shouldn't count.................

Obviously, I'm just counter-pointing some of your arguments and my pick for the Saints to win the game has not changed, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if the niners win and we can't just discount them as a legit team.

On the niners field, i would say the saints win 3 out of 5 match-ups, so that means it is not a slam-dunk.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  17. Buck Fenson

well, a lot of that was said out of an emotional outburst in which I am not proud of. You have done your homework. All these facts are making my head hurt. :) Like I said earlier this is the best game this weekend and possibly the whole playoffs. And if this was a typical year I would agree about the defense but I just feel nowadays the game is slanted towards the offense. If there is any question on a call it will go against the defense. Maybe the defense will be too hyped up and get some early penalties which will help the Saints get an early lead and when that happens it is tough for any team, especially one that isn't known for their offense to keep up.

18. CaptainStubing

eh, don't worry about it. you've got a solid team to root for and they have a great chance of winning this weekend.

Yes, I've been thinking about this also and how it may affect some of the match-ups this January with the high-powered offenses of GBay, NO, and NE. It will be interesting to see how these games play out.

19. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

24-17 niners

20. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

I'm going to watch the Saints do the talking.