Ravens Vs Patriots (AFC Championship Gameday Thread)

Discussion in 'NFL Gameday' started by SRW, Jan 15, 2012.

?

Who will win the AFC Championship?

1. New England Patriots

64.7%
  2. Baltimore Ravens

35.3%
  1. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

No Ed Reed? Did I miss something? That would be awesome.

2. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Ravens 21 Pats 18

Ravens stop the run out of nickel personnel, play press coverage and bracket coverage on Gronk. Also the Ravens will pressure Brady and disrupt timing.

The Pats have played better defensively of late, i think BB will try to stack the box and get to 3rd down and play cover 2 against our offense. I still dont feel like the Pats have stopped the run particularly well. The Pats pass rush also isnt on par with the Texans so i think you'll more "diesel package" with Pitta and Rice in the backfield and Joe at his best in a spread set at times. Him and Cam are still awful but we will make enough plays to get it down.

3. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

Take the Patriots. ravens will not be able to stop the dynamic duo of TEs the patriots have.

4. MRAVEN

MRAVEN 1st Stringer

Reed is playing...Ravens Dominate.
    Pats haven't beat anyone this year.

5. Just watching the Americas Game about the 2000 Ravens, wouldn't mind a rematch against Baltimore either.

6. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

ok, after getting to think about this game for a couple of days, I'm ready to lean towards the Ravens in this game. History shows us that when top 5 defenses face top 5 offenses in the playoffs, the defenses win............. I know for sure the last 5 times that match-up has occured, the defensive team has won, including the last occurence which was 4 days ago in the saints v niners game.

The reason this is the case, and this weekend showed us, is that regardless of how awesome your offense is, a team has to show some sort of defense to win at this level of competition.

The only stumbling block I see in this prediction coming true is if the Patriots have somehow found a defense for the playoffs after struggling mightily during the season, as the 2006 Colts displayed can be done.

7. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

In a perfect world, the Ravens D would eliminate the NE TEs as viable targets and Ray Lewis would destroy Brady, possibly ending his career. But, in reality, I don't think the Ravens will be able to keep up with NE's offense, and Brady will get another ring.

I picked Pats to win, but I hope they don't.

If they lose, and/or Brady gets hurt, I, at least, will take to the streets in dance and song

8. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Just checked the long range forecast for Foxboro on Sunday. Cloudy and above freezing.

9. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Ravens got this. When T-Sizzle takes the hem out of Tom Lady's skirt it is game ovah. And that's the bottom line cus Ball So Hard University says so!

10. If New England wins tomorrow afternoon, Drew Bledsoe will have the honors of presenting the Lamar Hunt Trophy to the Patriots.

Classy move by Robert Kraft.

11. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I'm rooting for the ravens in this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Steve12

Flacco should forfeit automatically just because of that god awful mustache.

13. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Wow, that was awful by Tyler......

14. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I love seeing Ray Lewis come so close and getting shot down every time. I wouldn't mind seeing this today.

15. Steve12

lol Crowned. I'd like to see that too.

16. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

Let's get this crap rolling.

17. Steve12

Screw yes!

18. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

Bad series for ravens

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

Pats O comes out and matches the bad effort...

20. Steve12

Looked like good protection though. If they keep that up it'll get going.