Mario Williams, Free Agent

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DontKnowMe, Jan 17, 2012.

1. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Mario Williams will be a free agent this offseason and the Texans need to decide if the want to keep him on the team or not.

What do you think the chances are of him staying here or playing somewhere else next year.

+ Williams can be good on anyones line
    + He will almost always draw double teams and help free up other pass rushers.
    + Texans would not wan't Williams going to a division rival

- He is going to be expensive to bring back and the money can be used build up the roster. (i.e. WR's CB's)
    - The defense proved that they can play well without Williams
    - I don't think he isn't the best option for a 3-4 OLB

2. I think they'll make a conscious attempt to retain him but I wouldn't be shocked if he left............I think he would prefer going back in a 4-3.

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yeah, i'm not sure the texans are going to be the team that most covets his services. a lot of times, in these situations, a team is SO desperate for a big, athletic DE/LB that they overpay out the nose for someone like this.

i think mario can play in a 3-4 or a 4-3. I'm sure wade would love to keep him because he can move him around in his defense. mario is so athletic, wade can have him do a lot of different things. i'm just not sure they will feel he's worth the price tag. maybe mario will give them a hometown discount.

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I would love to see him work as an end in a 3-4, much like Reggie White.

5. DontKnowMe

I kinda would want to se hin at 3-4 DE too. Watt and Williams would be a nasty combo.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Pass rusher is more important than bolstering receivers. Much more.

7. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

they will certainly 100% tag him if they dont work out a deal...i dont see him leaving, but they will tag and sign or tag and trade. no way they let him walk without compensation, and i honestly cant think of a team that wouldnt give up a first round pick for him

8. DontKnowMe

I don't know if Andre overshadows Kevin Walters and Jacoby Jones this much, but I feel like there are a lot other teams these would even be starters for. I think the Texans could use another good receiver and should definitely get some better CB's.

9. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston ¡Vamos Houston!

I'd like to see the Texans keep him but not for 18-20 million. I think he might feel like he owes the team and give us a deal. The upside to this franchise is major,and with role models like Andre Johnson Mario might give us a break.

I'd love to see what he can do for a whole season with Wade at the helm.
    He was on pace for about 12-15 sacks this pass season.

I'm with you Don't know me, we need help at WR. A legit #2 and replace Jacoby Jones at #3/Punt returner.
    I wouldn't mind the Texans go after either one of the FA Saints,Colston or Mecheam (spl?). Any big body WR in the late 1st rd or 2nd rd.