Buddle Joins Everton On 1-Week Trial

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sports' started by TheDuke, Jan 16, 2012.

1. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

LIVERPOOL, England -- The agent of Edson Buddle says the American forward is having a trial at English Premier League club Everton, which already has compatriots Tim Howard, Landon Donovan and Marcus Hahnemann on its roster. The 30-year-old Buddle, who appeared at the 2010 World Cup, is currently at German second-tier club Ingolstadt. Buddle's representative Richard Motzkin said on Twitter that the former Los Angeles Galaxy player is at Everton this week during the German season's winter break.

Source:ESPN

2. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

The Toffees need help up top for the moment and Donovan and Buddle had HUGE success together in LA. Great move. Hope it pans out longer.

3. Buddle is instantly one of the best striker's on Everton's club immediately

4. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Wouldn't be shocked to see a semi perm move there, at least through the season. I still don't know how MLS doesn't just let Donovan stay. The Don is a dipcrap but wants his money and people pay BIG money whenever the Galaxy are in town to boo Donovan and Beckham.

5. agreed.

They will never let Donovan go permanently. He is the MLS biggest star.

6. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston ¡Vamos Houston!

I think he would do better in Mexico than the EPL.
    If anything he could rake in millions with Club America if the MLS ever wanted to sell him.

7. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston ¡Vamos Houston!

I haven't heard much out of Buddle except that last match with the US Nats where If I remember he scored one nice goal.

8. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Buddle is one of those guys that scores goals in bunches. He scored a ton of goals to start the season. I wish he had a shot with the USMNT earlier in his career but whatev's. I think he'd be great in the Premiership as long as he gets time.

As for Donovan. I think he's much more suited to the Premier League than the Bundesliga and I think that he'd fair well in Mexico but I think Everton is a perfect fit for him.