Colts QB Peyton Manning Interested In The Texans If He's Released?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by SRW, Feb 13, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Longtime KTRK-TV sports director Bob Allen said on Monday a close friend of the Manning family told him that Peyton Manning would be interested in coming to the Texans if -- as expected -- he is released from the Colts. Needless to say, there would be numerous factors (incumbent QB Matt Schaub's health, for starters) before a Manning-Texans union could become reality. The person who knows the Mannings says Peyton wants to play on a team that has a chance of going to a Super Bowl, and the Texans fit that description. Another big plus is that the Texans are in the Colts division. Manning not only knows the division, but Allen reports that he's told the relationship between him and Colts owner Robert Irsay now is strictly business.

Source: KTRK-TV Houston

2. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

I wouldn't be too quick to jump at Manning because I'm sure Schaub would want out. Then you don't know how good Manning would be after so much time off. And in the end we would 2 or 3 years out of him and we are looking for a new QB again. Unless they are goin to gamble on Yates in the future.

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

jesus christ, is schaub THAT hurt or do we really think a 36 year old peyton is that much better than a 31 year old Schaub?

4. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I'd take Schaub over whatever Manning is going to be if/when he gets back.

5. I'd take Schaub over Manning and based on everything I've read the Texans are going too do just that.

6. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston ¡Vamos Houston!

Matt Schaub is lacking the it factor IMO , but lets be real. McNair doesn't gamble on what if's and Gary Kubiak is more loyal to his Qb's than a lap dog. I don't see this coming true but it's nice to finally hear some top tier playyers talk about wanting to come to Houston.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Not going to happen. Next story.....

8. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

Manning must be desperate if he's saying he's interested in a team that already has a pretty solid QB. Even if he wasn't hurt, I'd go with Schaub.