Giants To Release RB Brandon Jacobs

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by Sweets, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

After failing to agree to terms on a restructured contract, the New York Giants will release running back Brandon Jacobs, Mike Garafolo of The Star-Ledger reports. Releasing Jacobs, who turns 30 in July, will clear $5 million of salary cap space for the Giants, who freed up $6.75 million in space earlier this week by restructuring the contract of quarterback Eli Manning. Jacobs added 461 yards and four rushing touchdowns in 10 post-season games, including 23 carries for 79 yards in two Super Bowl wins over the New England Patriots. As a vested veteran, Jacobs would be free to sign with any team once his release is made official.

Source: Mac's Football Blog

2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Good. Never liked playing against that douchebag. At least, not when he was motivated.

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, when he isn't motivated, he goes down with fingertip tackles. when he's motivated, he could still be a decent rotational back for someone but i wouldn't pay him any more than a few million a year and i think HE thinks he's worth more than that.

4. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

BAHAHAHAHA FREAK YOU!!!! TNA, here he comes!! Payton Manning to the Giants!!

5. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Brandon Jacobs can be a beast. And I think he is worth the risk, as long as he gets playing time and wins he will be happy.

6. KISSman

KISSman QB Expert

Mixed emotions about this.

When he was off his game, he was slow and terrible. The guy was built like a tank, but could never get a 3rd or 4th and 1.

However, at times he came up big in important games and could punish a defense once he got going.

I just hope we can somehow upgrade the position even though we're up against the cap.

7. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Im glad hes gonna be out of the division most likley just cause of how big a douche he is his play never scared me. In all the games against us he had more bad then good games.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

One of the softest big guys in the game.

9. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Not too worried about this, probably cut him to free up some cap space, especially since he wasn't worth that money.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

...or that roster spot...

11. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

they cut him for cap reasons. the Giants save 5 million. They wanted Jacobs to take less money but they couldnt agree to terms.