Buccaneers Sign OG Carl Nicks

Discussion in 'Tampa Bay Buccaneers' started by Sweets, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have agreed to terms with free agent guard Carl Nicks on a five-year, $47.5 million contract, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports. According to Schefter, the deal will include $31 million in guarantees. A 2008 fifth-round pick out of Nebraska, Nicks entered the starting lineup in Week 4 of his rookie season and has made 61 consecutive regular season starts to go along with six post-season starts over the last three seasons. Nicks has been to back-to-back Pro Bowls and wanted to beat Logan Mankins' $8.5 million per year contract from last August. Assuming that the $47.5 million is the true base value, the $9.5 million per year value would blow that away.

Source: Mac's Football Blog

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Bucs stepping up! I like it...

3. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

That's a huge blow to the Saints.

They definitely have the money to spend up and they are not afraid to do it this year

4. YEAH DUDE!

YEAH DUDE! CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!

They are on a spending spree, Nicks, Jackson, Wright, Not playing anymore they want to win!

5. FdMstng99

FdMstng99 Man of Steel

Damn Bucs signing everyone. I can see the Saints signing Grubbs now.

6. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

Huge signing for the Bucs but a LARGE amount of money for the guard posistion.

7. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

that's what I'm thinking. Nicks earned his payday and I'm glad he got it....we just can't 2 guards that much

8. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Sucks to see him go, too high a price tag though for the Saints its a wonderful signing for the Bucs guy is a monster.

9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

wow, the bucs are signing everyone

10. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Nicks and Joseph is a pretty nasty OG duo

11. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Dream Team 2012!

12. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

This should help Freeman suck less, right?

If so, money well spent.

13. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Good LT, dominant intirior OL. Three very good WR's (well IDK if you can call Benn "very good" yet) and Solja Boi

If he sucks now, no hope for him

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

Brees freaking crap up for the Saints. Now if the Bucs can keep Carl's weight in check, they'll be alright...

15. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Looks like the Bucs are looking to win baby win next year. No excuses for this team.

16. Tim Tebow

Tim Tebow Best QB in NY

I like Florida I'm happy about this for him!