Bears Reach One-Year Deal With QB Jason Campbell

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by SRW, Mar 13, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Chicago Bears have reached a one-year deal with free agent quarterback Jason Campbell, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports. Financial terms were not disclosed. A first-round pick out of Auburn by the Washington Redskins in 2006, Campbell started 52 games over four seasons in D.C., completing 61.2 percent of 1,637 pass attempts for 10,860 yards with 55 touchdowns and 38 interceptions before he was traded to the Oakland Raiders in 2010. In two seasons with the Raiders, Campbell started 18 of 19 games, completed 294-of-494 pass attempts for 3,557 yards with 19 touchdowns and 12 interceptions before suffering a broken collarbone, prompting the Raiders to trade for Carson Palmer.

Source: Mac's Football Blog

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Nice work by the Bears...

3. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

I thought he would try to be a starter somewhere. Nice pickup by the Bears. I think Campbell is a better QB than teams and fans give him credit for.

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, good signing by the bears. will be one of the best back-up qb's in the league and with cutler's injury history recently, they need him.

5. YEAH DUDE!

YEAH DUDE! CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!

In a F/A time where aside from Peyton the only other real QB out there is Matt Flynn and nobody is talking to Campbell to be a starter? That speaks volumes to me... How many teams need a QB?

I just never been sold on this guy. BUT I think it's a smart move by the Bears, after last season where they had no solid Backup they learned there lesson.

6. FdMstng99

FdMstng99 Man of Steel

A year too late.

7. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

He must figure Cutler is going down!