The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

You figure Shady will get 9-10 mil per year. So that drops us to 10 mil. Lofton will get at least 8 per and that'll be a HUGE discount I believe. That'd bring us to 2 mil. Unless we can drop Asante we're not getting Lofton.

2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Even if their deals averaged 10 for Shady and 8 for Lofton, it wouldnt be that much against the cap. Like most signings, their will be a huge signing bonus which will be prorated and very small salary for 2012, so it might be something like half of those numbers.

I think I had a dream where we signed Kuechly. Kinda strange. Lol.

Resign McCoy
    Resign Mathis (don't overlook this. This would be a big hit to the team if we lost him)
    Sign Lofton
    Draft DT and LB in rounds 1 and 2 (I'd love a nice DT added to the rotation, but with Jenkins, Patterson, Dixon, and potentially Landri coming back, I'd rather roll the dice on Burfict. Still have a boner for him)

Asante will have to go bye bye in order to get McCoy, Mathis, and Lofton. I have a bad feeling we are going to see a rather small return on him. Maybe a 3rd or even a 4th.

3. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I want 2 draft picks for Asante. Even if it's a 3rd and 4th I'd be okay with it. If I HAD to choose I'd like to keep him since I think DRC is going to be MEGA hot and cold as a starter and as much as I want to admit it I don't see us using a lot of man coverage(which is Nnamdi's specialty and I'm 94% sure Bowles was brought in to help teach him zone coverage) which would lead to some weakness on the edges but I'd much rather see a strong ILB brought in (Lofton) to help solidify the middle with the Wide 9 sure to return in 2012. But that 10 mil he commands is a BIG number that we could definitely use at this point.

4. TideRedskinslunatic

TideRedskinslunatic 2nd String

wonder if samuels will get traded or released before the draft?
    [​IMG]

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Ravens have an offer in to Mathis.

Up to the Eagles to decide if he is worth the hefty deal.

Screw, I hate to let him go. Played so well. But I'm not sure the position warrants a big payday. We can't resign everyone. Might have to let him go and find a replacement early in the draft if it's too high.

6. TideRedskinslunatic

Look, i hate the eagles but even I hope you guys don't end up signing fatass albert haynesworth.he's a team cancer,and a lazy butt player!

7. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Even with losing Mathis we have enough depth not to stoop to signing Haynesworth. I'd be okay with giving him a SUPER league minimum and bringing him in on a trial basis as I think having Washburn being here might help exponentially but I don't see it happening. Andy has enough on his plate at the moment.

8. TideRedskinslunatic

you guys think the eagles would trade samuels to an nfc east team?

9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

If they think he has lost some of his game, sure. Just like they did with McNabb.

If they think he is still near the top of his game, I doubt it.

10. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

When was the last time we returned all five starters on the OL from the previous year? I am fuggin stoked.

11. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I dont think we would trade him within the division

12. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

It's somewhat interesting how there has no real buzz over LB market so far.... Its been really quiet so far i don't think i've even heard of players working out for teams or even invitations.

Is it just me or is there something different this year?

13. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

No, there simply wasn't that first wave of cash going to that position yet. It's the usual pecking order and there aren't enough blue chip LB's to really cause a stir in the market. The biggest names are Tulloch and Lofton and they have yet to sign. I know the birds want to get better there but I think after this weekend someone from Eagletown should at least give Tulloch's camp a call.

14. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Payton has hogged the spotlight basically. Quiet signings. Not a whole lot going on. I'm shocked that Lofton hasn't been signed anywhere yet to be honest. The Eagles haven't done crap either. Locking up DJ is a big one but I don't see them doing a whole lot. I see them drafting LB in the 1st and hoping that it all works out.

15. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

I really hope that we can land Lofton or Tullock soon cause knowing Reid's record he is very likely to pick up a DT to shore up the D-line and i would tend to agree if they add someone like Fletcher Cox that would be a solid D-line making it easier for the LB core to react and read the play. I just hope he doesn't take an O-line player that early

16. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

If Tulloch and Lofton are really asking for upwards of $9 mil a season, heck em. I can't justify that crap. $7 mil I am okay with, but $9???

We'd have to go LB in the first.

17. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

what about london fletcher?

18. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I gotta assume his butt is gonna be worn down one of these years.... just doesn't seem like it would be a good play. If he struggles for whatever reason, it will be widely criticized (for good reason, of course).

19. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

I think Fletcher would actually be better than what we currently have so i would take him criticism and all, the guy has always been extremely underrated and he has always played solid. I would not mind a vet in the locker even if its just teach

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

plus he wont be taking vick's knees out twice this season.