Posts From Hi-Jacked Threads

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by hermhater, May 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Yea if it was just random guys wearing jersies beating someone up on the street it's not a sports story. But the fact that is happened after a game is pretty obviously a sports story. Coch must have missed that line or something.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

ANYTHING that happens in a stadium or stadium parking lot IS sports related, period.

3. myCoch

myCoch Rookie

Correct me if I'm wrong, but do people park their cars in the stadium or outside of the stadium? And this is on topic, because we're talking about the actual story. If you want to talk about 9/11 I'm sure there are forums for that, that aren't conspiracy related.

The argument started over the 9/11 comment. I don't have a problem discussing it here, but to ad to the story that one guy was wearing Chiefs gear sounds to me like the writer was trying to make more out of the story than what was already there. The idiocy in that story has NOTHING to do with the game that was played other than that it happened after it. What responsibility does the NFL and the Jets have? That could have just as easily have happened in a bar.

And someone help me here, but where did the fight at the 49er game and the baseball game happen? I thought it was in the building. A place where security is needed.

And it isn't indicative of Chiefs fans either. Imagine a story where seven men jumped another man after they argued about a parking space and they said that the single man was black and at least one of the seven was white? Does that make the story about race, or is it a reach by the author to TRY to make it about it.

That was my point.

4. myCoch

myCoch Rookie

I just started to read the story again and stopped after the first line. 'A disturbing incident of fan violence...'

Where is there any other connection of fandom made other than that one of the seven wore the opposing jersey? That would be like my previous example kicking off by saying 'In a disturbing incident of racial violence...'. My guess is that most of the seven are Jets fans.

And I agree with the earlier poster, just keep walking when facing those numbers. Not saying he deserved it, sometimes you just have to be smarter than that.

5. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

The fact that it happened at the stadium makes it sports related. It's not even really about the jersey. They were at the stadium in the parking lot.

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

:laughy32:

i love this guy. i have to see how long he will go on with disputing this was fan violence.

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

both the niners fans getting shot and brian stowe being attacked happened after the games in the parking lots just like this guy.

so i guess those stories being labled as fan violence was a reach as well.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  8. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

[​IMG]

9. myCoch

myCoch Rookie

I appreciate that. I will give you one more, let you have the last word then move on.

My opinion still is that it's a reach. Thanks for the info on the other incidents as well. For me, the differences between the other cases is that those teams' fans have a more fierce rivalry. I don't think KC and NY have any real hatred for each other.

I guess I just have the ability to differentiate and read a little deeper into the story where others cannot.

I look forward to discussing other stories with you. I will read your response and believe I have said all I care to on this one.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

there's no need to read a little deeper, thats where the reaching comes. fact is it doesnt matter if its rival fans or not, its fan violence and it's pathetic. it happened at a sporting event so it is sport news.

my friends went to an eagles/bills game years back and got jumped by bills fans after the game. by your logic that isnt sports news cause it didnt happen during the game and would be a reach if called fan violence becasue the two teams do not have a fierce rivalry.

it's ok to admit you're wrong here. you seem to be strgugling with that but i am here to help you get through it if you need me. :pimp2:

11. myCoch

myCoch Rookie

I'm not wrong. Just have a differing point of view. Why must you be right? You should think about the arrogance in what you've said.

Or were you just wanting to bait me to continue going on about this? Clearly with 9000 posts you have a lot to say. Now let others as well and respect them a little bit. Activity like this makes people like me reconsider even wasting my time coming here.

12. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

The only thing I see wrong with this is the jets fan getting hecked up. How does the home team fans let that happen to one of their one? That crap wouldnt happen in philly.

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

silly fella, tone down you're own arrogance for a bit and realize this isnt about you and your desire to stay here. this is about a story of a fan being beat up while attending a sporting event which makes it a sports story. your claim - not point of view - is that this isn't sports worthy. that's incorrect. again, it's ok to be wrong so don't take it to heart. it happens to everyone including me. no need to take your ball and go home over it.

now if you'd wouldn't mind we could go back to the topic which is this type of behavior is showing up more & more all around the country and it is a disturbing trend.

i am all for talking some smack between rival fans but when people act like this by bringing up 9/11 when they are from the same general area there is a certain vile core to it that makes you question the make up of the indiviuals that commited this act.

in short - what the heck is wrong with these people.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  14. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

bazzinga

15. Thread Derailing

[​IMG]

16. TideRedskinslunatic

TideRedskinslunatic 2nd String

HiJack

i have forgotten more about football than your hecktard butt will ever know jackass!

17. Tim Tebow

Tim Tebow Best QB in NY

tim

This looks kind of dark. Maybe even evil.

18. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

You're a freaking scumbag.

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  19. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

I'll happily take a card to abuse that ignorant heck for a comment as downright classless and disgusting as that was.

20. anf1892

anf1892 Rookie

so Wonderful

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.