Texans Trade LB DeMeco Ryans To The Eagles

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by SRW, Mar 20, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Eagles have agreed to a trade with the Houston Texans that will bring them DeMeco Ryans, the former defensive rookie of the year. The Texans will receive undisclosed draft picks, per the report. Rumors were the Texans were going to ask Ryans to agree to a pay cut that would reduce his base pay which is set to be almost $6 million this season. He played in less than 60 percent of the action this season as he returned from an Achilles tendon injury. Ryans might not be the same player he was when he entered the NFL in 2006, but if he’s healthy he’ll be a definite upgrade for the Eagles.

Source: National Football Post

2. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Good pick up. Not as good, but he's like a young Trotter

Sent by HTC Vivid using Tapatalk

3. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I'll take this any heckin' day. Low risk move.

4. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Wonder what the picks are...anyone heard?

6. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Heard a 4th.

And to answer DontKnowMe's question, reports say that he wasn't a great fit for Wade's 3-4? Better fit for the 4-3?

7. deseanjax

deseanjax Rookie

yeah heard a 4throunder

great move if he is healthy again

8. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

A 75% Ryans is better than the trash the eagles tried to pass off last year. But he isn't the most durable player.

9. deseanjax

deseanjax Rookie

Texans get a 4th round pick
    and they switch their 3rd rounders...

10. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

An excellent move for the Eagles. Definitely will make their defense number one.

11. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

idk about 1

12. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

haha. i think maybe Sith was being facetious.

anyway, i think this is probably a good move for both teams. ryans is not a top notch LB but will help a weak eagles LB corps and the texans clear up some cap space because they now have some depth at that position.

13. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

The thing is he has the potential to be a top notch LB. Before 2011 he had a hell of a career. Last year was a year off of a big injury and sometimes it makes dudes gun shy. Now that he knows what he's capable of, I bet he'll get back to being a stud.

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

the injury wasn't the only issue. he's not a 3-4 lb. he will excel here and get back to his pro-bowl form plus give that defense a leadership figure they need.

15. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

i cant wait to see him play

16. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Good pick up imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

i am freaking stoked !

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

Good move for the Eagles. He's going to give that D some leadership that they were missing.