John Elway Says Jets QB Tim Tebow Chose His Destination In Trade

Discussion in 'Denver Broncos' started by SRW, Mar 22, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Broncos President John Elway spoke to a Denver radio station on Thursday and confirmed what several reports said Wednesday night. The Broncos gave Tim Tebow a choice, Elway told ESPN Radio in Colorado, and Tebow chose the Jets over the Jacksonville Jaguars. According to the Denver Post, Elway added on the show that the Jaguars and Jets offers were similar enough from a Broncos perspective that either would have sufficed. Tebow told reporters on a conference call that the decision was not his. Meanwhile, his agent (to a New York station), Elway and multiple reports said the opposite.

Source: Florida Times-Union

2. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

With Manning on the payroll he would have liquidated Tebow for a Tootsie Roll and a couple of movie passes. He just better hope that this whole thing turns out real well for Denver.

3. warwagon86

warwagon86 Irish Football Fans

my best bud is a broncos fan - i hope it doesn't just so i can piss in his cornflakes

and then way to go Elway being a model pro as always.....if Tebow says he didnt out of respect for Florida then why be a moron and totally ignore what he said....

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

there was a rumor floating around that tebow fell in love with rexxy boy watching hard knocks and that's why he wanted to go play for the jets.

5. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I heard that too.

But one of these heckers is obviously lying, and I'm inclined to say its Tebow (gasp!)

6. CaptainStubing

blasphemy !!!

7. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

This is madness.

8. CaptainStubing

seriously, though, from a 'keeping himself relevant' viewpoint, tebow chose the right spot.

big stage of new york ...............

starting qb is crappy enough to lose his job due to performance ..............

lots of talent elsewhere on the roster to make up for his deficiencies at qb ...................

jacksonville only had 1 of those 3 key factors ........... the jets have all 3

9. Stinger75

Stinger75 It's Showtime, Folks!

For me the bigger story here is Elway calling Tebow a LIER. Elway is know as a very religious person, so we've got some "christian on christian" crime.

It also shows a little bit more of the relationship where Elway always said the respectful thing about Tebow, but we all knew differently.

10. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Everyone in Denver is pretty damn stoked right now, but you're right. If Peyton either gets hurt or fails to bring the Broncos to the playoffs for whatever reason, and Timmy has success in NY... those fans are gonna go off.

11. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Winner.

12. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

Ive hated Elway since he was drafted. He was a whiny little snitch about getting drafted by the Colts. I hope Peyton struggles and Tebow has success in NY just to see how Elway will try to sugar coat the results.

13. Tim Tebow

Tim Tebow Best QB in NY

I got no beef wit John.

(practicing my NY accent)

14. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

Not sure if this has made its rounds here or not....

[​IMG]

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

Jacksonville would have been the better opportunity for Tebow IMO.

Decent O-Line, MJD, Mularkey is a creative coach. Easier opportunity to take the starting gig.

16. CaptainStubing

haha. the NY Post is running a story that several anonymous Jets players are mad that Tebow was brought in and that he's getting a press conference as a back-up qb .............. hahaha.

really quality guys with that team ................ it's enjoyable watching bad people implode ...............

17. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Couldn't agree more. Has Tebow ever discussed his decision to go to the Jets?

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

Lol...awesome. That team is a nightmare from top to bottom.

19. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Tebow should have said "Denver"