Free Agent QB Donovan McNabb Says QB RGIII Will Not Work For Redskins

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by Sweets, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

It didn’t work for Donovan McNabb in Washington. Perhaps that is why he has predetermined it’s not going to go so well for Robert Griffin III, you know, assuming he is the quarterback the Redskins nab with the No. 2 overall draft pick next month. McNabb was a guest this morning on ESPN’s “First Take†and he shared his take on the chances Griffin will have to succeed playing for Mike Shanahan. Let’s just say we’re not surprised McNabb went this route. Can Griffin be a good fit for the Redskins? “No,†McNabb replied, according to Rich Tandler of CSN Washington. “I say that because a lot of the time ego gets too involved when it comes to being in Washington. Here’s a guy that’s coming out who’s very talented -- mobile, strong arm. We’ve already heard he’s intelligent, a football mind. Are you going to cater the offense around his talent and what he’s able to do or are you going to bring the Houston offense with Matt Schaub over to him and have him kind of be embedded in that? “We talk so much about Mike Shanahan and the things he was able to do in Denver. Well, I have a couple of names for you that Mike Shanahan, quarterbacks that he’s coached and the lack of success that he had.†With that, McNabb referenced John Beck, Rex Grossman, Jay Cutler, Jake Plummer and Brian Griese, of course, McNabb left his name off that list and it’s worth noting the Broncos were 41-18 with Plummer as a starting quarterback under Shanahan.

Source: National Football Post

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  2. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

go away, Ol' Man McNabb. you're old news

3. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Sour grapes much?

4. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I'm pretty sure Greise, Plummer and Cutler were very good QBs when they played for Shanahan

Sent by HTC Vivid using Tapatalk

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

to be fair that was when shanahan wasn't over the hill.

6. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Well he is an expert in not working out for the Redskins.

7. TideRedskinslunatic

TideRedskinslunatic 2nd String

shanny ain't an angel in all this,but Mcnabb was a washed up turd from philly and andy reid saw an opportunity to trade away a player and not worry about it coming back and biting him on the ass!
    he made shanny bite hook,line, and sinker! Mcnabb will be remembered as the qb in dc who threw most of his passes straight into the ground! at least he did get to see something he did'nt get to see in philly,SUPER BOWL TROPHIES!!!!:icon_cheesygrin:

8. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Jealous snitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Jealous pissed off little pr**k, this shouldn't even be a story.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Bitter.

11. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

Well look like Donovan still has sand in his vag**a

12. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

About a whole sandbox full

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. flexnfx

flexnfx flexnfx

...not that McNabb's bitter....:icon_rolleyes:

14. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, mcnabb is obviously just trying to slam shanahan with these comments .......... i can't really disagree with him, though. shanny has never truly developed a QB. he has inherited QB's and brought in veterans before but he's never truly developed one so I think it is a valid argument to discuss.