Broncos Free Agent FS Brian Dawkins Announces His Retirement

Discussion in 'Denver Broncos' started by Sweets, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Veteran safety Brian Dawkins, a longtime Philadelphia Eagle and a Bronco since 2009, announced his retirement from the NFL today per Lindsay Jones of the Denver Post. Dawkins posted the news on his Twitter account. Here is Dawkins’ full statement: “The Lord has blessed me to play in the NFL for 16 years. I would like to thank the Eagles & the Broncos 4 believing In me. I would like 2 thank all my teammates & Coaches that I have been blessed 2 go to battle with. Along with u, the fans 4 helping make my career 1 that i have enjoyed tremendously. In other words. I am announcing my retirement from the NFLâ€￾

Source: The Redzone

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  2. buffalobillsfan1

buffalobillsfan1 2nd String

He was a great player.

3. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Not only my favorite Eagle of all time, but my favorite player of all time. A great leader, a great player, a great person. Brought it every single down.

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Yep, Dawkins is a special player...even as an Eagle(ugh) his greatness showed. Long career, good luck B...

5. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Great player and leader. I would have had to try to get a ring this year with Peyton and all the hype around the Broncos.

6. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

cant wait for the 1 day contract

7. baileyg1986

baileyg1986 DallasAllDayEveryDay

As much as I hated seeing him in the God awful Eagles uniform, Brian was fun to watch and an outstanding to watch on and off the field.

8. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Always has been one of my favorite non-49er players. They dont make em like that anymore.

9. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

despite him being an eagle, always respected his game and his talents. hate to see him go but at least he is going out on his terms

10. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

September 20th against the Giants they'll have a ceremony for Dawk. Fitting game. Not my favorite but definitely one of. I'm excited to see Dawk cry at Novacare again. Dude was a BEAST!

11. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

One of the few I'd have loved to see on the Bears...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esHO1H32IxE&feature=fvwp]Brian Dawkins:The Beast - YouTube[/ame]

12. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

great career. always played his butt off.

13. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top