Raiders Won't Give Up 1st Round Pick To Bengals In Carson Palmer Trade

Discussion in 'Cincinnati Bengals' started by SRW, Jun 6, 2012.

  1. SRW

    SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

    The Raiders said today that they will not have to give up more than a 2012 first-round pick and 2013 second-rounder for quarterback Carson Palmer. Previously, it was believed that Oakland would also have to give up a 2013 first-rounder instead of a second-rounder to the Bengals if Palmer led the Raiders to the AFC Championship next season but there is no chance of an upgrade. A Raiders official said that the conditions in the Palmer trade with Bengals were only based on 2011 play, not on 2011 and 2012. Oakland was 4-2 when starting quarterback Jason Campbell went down. They traded for Palmer and he had some good flashes but finished with 16 interceptions and 13 touchdowns.

    Source: San Francisco Chronicle
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2012
  2. 86WARD

    86WARD -

    Things starting to turn around for the Raiders...lol.
     
  3. mtzninersfan

    mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

    If Palmer can return to old form raiders could have a good team.
     
  4. TheSnowman

    TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

    They've been saying that about him more or less since he was drafted out of college..
     
  5. K Train

    K Train Do You Honeycutt?

    at least since 06 when he came back from injury, its not gonna happen
     
  6. Stinger75

    Stinger75 It's Showtime, Folks!

    There are so many if's and when's... Can team that was ham strung with cap problems, and injured top notch players turn things around in 1 season and take the AFC West? I'll let you know toward the end of January.