Redskins WR Josh Morgan Struggling To Recover From Broken Leg

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by Sweets, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Washington Redskins wide receiver Josh Morgan suffered the kind of injury last season with the San Francisco 49ers that seriously damages free agent value. That's why Morgan's pricey two-year contract with Washington was one of the most bizarre of the offseason. It's not like Morgan had great production in San Francisco, he was always known as a solid contributor and good teammate, but he never topped 700 yards in a season and he was coming off a fractured leg and ankle. Eight months later, Morgan still isn't recovered, he didn't practice fully at Redskins OTAs and is limited in minicamp. He admitted to the Washington Times he's lost five inches off his vertical leap but Morgan hopes to be ready for training camp.

Source: NFL.com

2. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Good thing they gave him a bunch of money and signed a bunch of mediocre receivers..

3. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

Like the article says hes a solid player, but not big on stats. (Of course this could be because of playing in Jimmy Raye's offense) But ya redskins paid out quite a bit. Seems like the niners have done enough to fill the gap. Feel bad about the leg though, Morgans a good guy hope he gets better.

4. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

It's all about the YAC, Morgan is big on that. He averages a first down on average. Take a look at the Redskins WR's, that's what they all do. They fit Shannys system. Whether he can get healthy is another story.

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

5.7 YAC average for his career is a first down? Hes never averaged more than 6.9. Morgan was looking okay under Harbaugh but dont expect too much of him.

6. HailttRedskins

Not sure if you read everything or not. Yes, that's what he gets after the catch (which is still a plus), but his yards per reception has never been lower than 10.1 in a season. His highest reached 16.0 which was last year.

7. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

:icon_rolleyes: Not sure if you read everything or not. Every wideout in the league gets over 10 a catch, big freaking deal. Also, 14.7 does not equal 16.0.

8. HailttRedskins

I'm saying he picks up 10 per catch, then more after. Yeah it's not amazing, but compared to the goofs we've had catching the ball lately, it's good.

Talked to some of my guys, Morgan is fine, had been doing well actually, still has some screws so naturally he isn't 100%, but what do you expect, this was written by a former PFT guy. Freaking clowns.