Eagles To Keep Andy Reid As Head Coach For As Long As He Wants?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by SRW, Jul 2, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, the Philadelphia Eagles will keep Andy Reid installed as their head coach as long as he wants. “When the time comes for Reid to go, whenever that is, it will be because he opts to go, not because the Eagles tell him to go,â€￾ writes Schefter (ESPN Insider). The team’s decision to part with president Joe Banner was seen as siding with Reid in regards to who has the most control within the organization. It’s really an interesting move on the part of the Eagles, as they’re coming off of what was a pretty disappointing season last year. Eagles fans have been fairly vocal about possibly changing the direction and leadership of the team, but owner Jeffery Lurie seems to be behind Reid one-hundred percent.

Source: NFL Trade Rumors

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2012
  2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I dont have a problem with it

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

A losing season next year will change that quickly.

4. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Smeagle must love that news.

5. kenman923

kenman923 Rookie

I agree! The NFL is always about "what have you done for me lately?" Former Titans Coach Jeff Fisher was "safe," until the surprise announcement that the Titans and Fisher mutually agreed to part ways.

6. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Even if they continue to under-achieve? Or .. fail to make or win a Super Bowl?

7. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I don't think so. The Eagles fans won't allow this to go on much longer.