Stupid s**t Heard On ESPN

Discussion in 'NFL Smack Central' started by Saintsfan1972, May 2, 2012.

1. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

the on air talent is what kills espn. outside of Schefter, they higher no talent hacks and give them prime positions. your 6pm Sports Center shouldnt be anchored by Joe Nobody and Bobby Not Entertaining.

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Schefter is the only one I will tolerate with a grain of credibility coming from that station as well.

Putting Berman on air for a football game (with Trent Dilfer) above more qualified announcers with lesser names is an embarrassment!

3. InfinitePulse

InfinitePulse disgusted.

Soo... John Clayton has no credibility now?

There's plenty of credibility out there... Chris Mortenson for one... there's plenty of good features and articles on ESPN. What happened is that there's so much out there now that you get a saturated market and you get used to whoever out there shares the same viewpoints as you instead of taking what people say with a grain of salt.

I really like what Herm Edwards brings to the table as well, and the access they have to all the players is fantastic for a fan.

IMO, it's a lot of hate because they've changed things over the years... of course with any corporation that large there's going to be some numbskulls, but overall, it's a quality product.

4. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I watch espn only because its the only place on TV I can get updated on pretty much everything. I don't like most of the people they have on though. I just go for the highlights.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Chris Mortensen is one of the worst...lol. His reports and breaking news stories are wrong more than anyone on that station...he's horrible...lol.

6. InfinitePulse

InfinitePulse disgusted.

I disagree. A lot of what reporters say are based on what they think will happen... especially when it comes to contract talks.

7. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Well that right there is wrong, he isn't paid to give opinions, he is paid to give facts.

8. InfinitePulse

InfinitePulse disgusted.

How can you report on what's unknown? You're not reading what I wrote.

9. I don't care if the sportscenter anchors are well known or not. In fact, I'd prefer if they weren't so that way everyone would focus on the content. I think Herm Edwards is terrible and provides nothing. I think ESPN is good but they stick their nose in things that don't concern them (Mike Leach) and pick sides.

10. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

You don't report rumors as breaking news like Mort does, and that's my point. You report the known, which is also known as facts.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Mort takes the ball and runs with it a lot without fact cfreaking first...a whole lot...

12. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

i watch PTI and ATH every day. Anything else is background fauder

13. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Sportscenter became unwatchable for me when a new crop of anchors were trying just too hard to come up with catchphrases that would stick.

14. Steve12

En fuego.

Booya.

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

Cooler than the other side of the pillow?

16. Steve12

Driver 8 take a break.

Number 4 Bobby Horr.

17. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!

18. InfinitePulse

InfinitePulse disgusted.

That's extremely old...

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

Exactly. That's the point.

Driver 8...that's about 14 years old as well...lol.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  20. InfinitePulse

InfinitePulse disgusted.

Ok, so it's not a new catch phrase... which is what the complaint was, lol... I mean come on people, it's a bunch of nitpicking.