Titans Say QB Battle Between Matt Hasselbeck, Jake Locker Is Even

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans' started by SRW, Jul 16, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

When the Tennessee Titans open training camp, the battle for starting quarterback will continue between Matt Hasselbeck and Jake Locker, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean reports. Hasselbeck, heading into his 14th NFL season, played well for the Titans last year as he threw for 3,571 yards and 18 touchdowns while guiding the team to a 9-7 mark. Locker played well when he came off the bench during his rookie season, didn’t throw an interception, and seemed to provide a spark whenever he entered games. Both quarterbacks performed well during offseason practices. Munchak has said he’d like to name a starter by the end of the preseason. “I am really proud of both quarterbacks. We are very pleased with both of them,’’ offensive coordinator Chris Palmer said. “They’re even. It is a competition right now. Coach Munchak has made that statement and when the time comes and everyone is comfortable with who the starting quarterback is, then Coach Munchak will announce it.â€

Source: The Tennessean

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE The opposite of a Rookie

Titans news!

[​IMG]

My take is that I don't care who starts week-1, I like them both right now.

They both have their flaws, but both have plenty to offer our offense.

I tend to believe Locker and his legs make our offense more dynamic, when Vince Young was around defenses had to stay at home and wait to see if he'd keep the ball, with Hasselbeck that's not an issue and defenses can stack the box taking Chris Johnson away..

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  3. soopacee

soopacee Rookie

exactly....im leaning Locker aswell

but we will hear this "tie" talk right until week one

4. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

If its even going into the season then I'd give it to the younger guy to get him experience. Not like the titans are super bowl contenders either way.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

5. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

id let him sit one more year, i really think hes going to be great but he wasnt ready last year despite showing flashes of brilliance in limited play. One more year and let him master his craft, aaron rodgers recipe for success