Cardinals WR Michael Floyd Will Enter Camp As 4th Receiver

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Sweets, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The temptation to bolster the expectations for wide receiver Michael Floyd is no doubt hard to resist but word is the Cardinals’ coaching staff appears determined to stay true to form regarding the use of rookies and allow their first-round wideout to develop at his own pace, Dan Arkush of Pro Football Weekly reports. Arkush hears that Floyd will probably enter training camp as the No. 4 wideout behind good buddy and heartfelt mentor Larry Fitzgerald, Early Doucet and Andre Roberts. “They couldn’t be happier with his work ethic,â€￾ one daily team observer said of Floyd, who apparently balked initially when the team decided to trim his practice time because of a strained quad. “The people at Notre Dame really praised that part of his game. Ideally, though, I think he could stand to lose a few pounds before camp starts.â€￾

Source: The Redzone

2. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

..for a day

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Shouldn't be long...lol.

4. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

cool story, enters 4th, exits 2nd

5. WOODDRIVER

WOODDRIVER Team Veteran

I'm not sure he will move up the depth chart that quick guys. With all of Whienhunt's pre-snap shifts it might take him a while to grasp the offense and stay out of the doghouse for missed assignments and routes.

6. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

He isnt quite ready to be an ever situation guy. He needs some work, especially getting off the line.

His upside however is unreal. He was in the convo with Green and Jones as to who was going to be the top WR in the 2011 class for good reason. IMO Floyd has a much higher ceiling then Jones (much lower floor as well).

Reminds me alot of Andre Johnson. However he needs to work on getting of the line and in and out of his cuts better

7. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

He might not be ready now but watch out when he is. Man plays with some anger, I love that in a player.

8. Jihad Joe

He is definitely a hoss. Brutal after the catch.

Weird prospect in that he could wind up like a Brandon Marshal or could wind up like a Miles Austin

Sent from my HTC Vivid

9. SRW

I also think the DUI things are not an issue that will pop up. Chalk it up to being young and stupid in college. Some of us know what wild and stupid crap we did when we were there.

10. Jihad Joe

Word around our Domer circles is that he is a bit of a heck. Not a nutjob or screw up, but may have a little Keyshawn in him

Sent from my HTC Vivid

11. SRW

I don't want choir boys on my team, I want men. Men who will show no fear when their number is called. He brings that. Plus I don't mind if someone has a swagger if they do what they do well.