Chiefs Coach Romeo Crennel Comes Out In Defense Of Rookie NT Dontari Poe

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by SRW, Aug 14, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel preached patience with rookie nose tackle Dontari Poe, the team’s first-round draft pick. Poe is playing only on passing downs, having been unable so far to nudge Anthony Toribio from the starting spot. “I know everybody wants the guy to be all-world,†Crennel said. “If he is all-world, then we’re all going to be happy. But there’s a process the player has to go through before he becomes all-world.†The Chiefs had big expectations for Poe when they drafted him, and he still has plenty of time to fulfill them. But the jump from the University of Memphis to the NFL has perhaps made for a more difficult transition than the Chiefs anticipated. “I told him the other day (that) no matter what everybody says, if you work to get better and you’re able to help this team win, then you’re valuable to this team,†Crennel said. “That’s the approach I want him to take, to help this team win. If he will do the things we need him to do, that will help the team win and then we’ll all be happy.â€

Source: Kansas City Star

2. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

Eating blockers is good enough for me right now...our LB's are on the verge of a very nice season if he can just do that.