Cowboys Impose New Set Of Rules For WR Dez Bryant To Live By

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by SRW, Aug 26, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Troubled but talented wide receiver Dez Bryant of the Dallas Cowboys has agreed to abide by a set of special rules imposed by the team, ESPNDallas.com reported Sunday.

Citing sources, the report said the rules went into effect on Aug. 23 and include no alcohol, no strip clubs, only nightclubs that are approved by the Cowboys and a midnight curfew.

Additionally, Bryant will have a rotating three-person team (picked by Bryant's adviser, David Wells) of drivers and security guards, who will take him to practices, games and other team events.

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones praised Bryant for being "very much willing to do anything he can to help himself and help the team.

"He's very open-minded and cooperative," Jones continued. "He's doing the right things by his teammates and everybody is counting on him."

The Dallas County district attorney's office still hasn't decided if it will press charges against the 23-year-old Bryant for a July 14 incident in which he was charged with a Class A misdemeanor by the DeSoto Police Department for allegedly assaulting his mother, Angela Bryant.

Source: NFL.com

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2012
  2. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Rules:

1. Quit thinking you 're all that.
    2. Immaturity will no longer be tolerated, ie., grow up.
    3. Follow 1 & 2 and you just might make it in the NFL.

3. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

fingers crossed that this keeps him from being more of an embarassement

4. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

4. Don't beat up your mother.

5. TideRedskinslunatic

TideRedskinslunatic 2nd String

wonder how far don't slap your mama and don't go to the local mall with your pants down to your knees and your underwear showing is?

6. SRW

Wow, grow the heck up Dez. Don't you have any pride as a man? You really need your hand to be held through life? What a joke...

7. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Didn't Pac-Man have the same set of rules when he played for the Cowboys?

8. SRW

I dunno but that didn't work out too well for him there either.

9. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

It's sad isn't it? A grown man needing constant supervision. SMH

10. Agent Zero

LOL @ Pac-Man

He beat up his security at a club iirc..

11. ragman

I just have a feeling history is going to repeat itself.

12. Agent Zero

I have that same feeling dude. :icon_sad:

13. ragman

Well, you know the old saying. You can't cure stupid.

14. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I can't believe this crap is real?!? Seriously, this stupid butthole has to have it written out for him and have a driver/body guards (see: babysitters) make sure he is behaving???

:laughy32:

On another note, he should KILL it this season now. Glad I just drafted him in the GIF Money league!

15. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

You bastard I getting ready to draft him

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

This has gotta be a joke. Jones further solidified that he's an idiot. Granted Bryant is too, but come on...full time babysitting for a 23 year old is just dumb. Around the click security, curfew, saying what he can and cannot drink, where he can and cannot go? Is the security team going to help with his playbook studies late at night?

If I'm Bryant, I'd file a grievance with the union. No other player is being treated like that...not that he doesn't deserve it...

How is he supposed to grow up if he's continually coddled more so than he was in college?

jerrah just trying to control players. What do the teammates think?

17. ragman

ProFootballTalk is saying that these rules may be a violation of the current CBA. Something about the Cowboys spending money for security and something about controlling a player's off the field activities. Stay tuned.