Free Agent TE Chris Cooley Doesn't Want To Play For Cowboys

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Sweets, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Chris Cooley, the longtime Redskins tight end who was released by the team this week, sat for an interview with D.C.'s NBC4 on Wednesday. Anchor Dan Hellie asked Cooley whether he'd consider playing for the hated Dallas Cowboys now that he's a free agent.

"I don't think so," Cooley said seriously, before adding with a chuckle, "but people do a lot of things for money."

And if you ever need to know why Chris Cooley was so embraced in Washington, there's your answer. He's not dismissing the possibility -- he'll play for Dallas if it comes to that -- but he doesn't want to, and that's just as good.

"No, I'd have a hard time with [playing for Dallas]," Cooley continued. "I've thought a lot about that. I've thought a lot about playing for anyone else. And it's not something I've ever had to consider. It's something that in the next couple months I'll have to decide if I'm willing to do and if I want to be part of another organization. But it will be a very tough decision. For me it's so fresh."

Source: USAToday

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  2. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

If Dallas is the only team to come calling, I dont see him turning them down.

3. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

If manning an play for Denver and Montana for the chefs and Unitas ah you get the point

4. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Yeah but Montana didnt go play for the Rams or Giants, Unitas didnt go to NYJ or KC, and Peyton didnt go play for the Chargers. Playing for another team is one thing, but playing for a bitter rival is another, especially when your whole career has been in one place.

5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

**Cough** McNabb **Cough**

6. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Let him be out of work for a few weeks with no paychecks coming in. I bet he changes his tune then!

7. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

He said people do a lot of things for money. So he didn't say he absolutely WOULD NOT play for them. Though, I think this is funny.

8. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Witten is better than Cooley, anyway.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

he was traded. different situation.

10. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Not disputing that. But, that's not what the article is stating.

11. kenman923

kenman923 Rookie

Time will tell, but former Redskins QB Brad Johnson eventually went to the Cowboys. The bottom line is to never say never.