The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I heard Mike & Mike on ESPN Radio talking about this this morning. Did Lurie add a caveat to this? What if Vick gets hurt? Without him, anything above 8-8 may not be possible.

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

i don't think that matters. chossing vick to be the franchise QB is part of the equation so if he gets hurt that's on reid.

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

the cuts:

S Oshiomogho Atogwe, TE Brett Brackett, LB Keenan Clayton, DT Landon Cohen, TE Chase Ford, WR Mardy Gilyard, WR Chad Hall
    CB Joselio Hanson, FB Emil Igwenagu, T D.J. Jones, WR Marvin McNutt, LB Adrian Moten, DT Ollie Ogbu, LB Ryan Rau, DE Monte Taylor, S Phillip Thomas, DT Frank Trotter, G/C Steve Vallos
    G Brandon Washington

4. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

What a huge disappointment Atogwe was. Ugh.

6. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I wasn't expecting much. And Jarrett sucks butt so we are royally screwed if Allen or Coleman go down.

Love that Edwards got it over Kafka.

Now just got fingers crossed that Polk finds a way to make the squad.

7. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

what do you guys think about McNutt getting cut? he reminded me a lot of Colston

8. DawkinsINT

Disappointed that he didn't play better. We could have used someone his size.

He supposedly started off gangbusters in camp, but then tailed off and didn't show anything in preseason. He may be practice squad material if no one grabs him.

9. DawkinsINT

I wasn't expecting him to be an all-pro or anything, but I hoped when we signed him that we would get a decent veteran player. I know he had problems with his hammy, but it sucks he didn't work out. Now safety is truly a worry, yet again.

10. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Only two question marks from our final cuts are Antonio Dixon and Joselio Hanson. Not sure about that.

11. DawkinsINT

Remember that Hanson almost was cut last year. They obviously feel that he is not the player he used to be.

12. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

What was wrong with Washington at guard?

13. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

He never seemed the Howard Mudd type of lineman to me to start with, but I read that he had a difficult time grasping the concept.

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

hanson was as good as gone as soon as they drafted boykin.

15. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

A 2012 NFL preview that I read Sunday in the local paper said that if the Eagles have a weakness, it's at safety with Allen, Coleman, and Jarrett. True?

16. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Well... that is one of them, yes. And a big one. The starters are good but backups are absolute dogcrap.

Not in love with the WR backups

Even if Vick stays healthy he isn't a particularly smart or polished passer.

Without our best individual player and easily our best offensive lineman for the year.

A lot to be excited for, but a few big things that could change the outcome of the season, too.

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

it's all going to come down to reid & vick

18. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Nah, I honestly and truthfully believe that if/when Vick goes down that Nick Foles will surprise A LOT of people.

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

if/when that happens i hope you're right. i like the kid but i need to see him be sucsessful against starting defenses.

he's gonna get the chance too.

20. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

I 100% agree with that statement... i think Foles has great potential.

On another note i was reading this article showing that the eagles are the 2nd youngest team in the league only behind the Rams, and i found that incredibly surprising and scary in a good way, i mean they managed to make the team young while never losing the competitiveness or going through a reconstruction year(s)
    This team is gonna be a scary good team for years to come