Bengals Waive 18 Players In Final Round Of Roster Cuts

Discussion in 'Cincinnati Bengals' started by SRW, Sep 1, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Cincinnati Bengals placed defensive tackle Pat Sims on the reserve/physically unable to perform list while reducing their roster to the required 53-man limit on Friday.

The Bengals waived 18 players, including third-year linebacker Roddrick Muckelroy, a fourth-round pick by the team in the 2010 draft. Rookie safety Tony Dye was placed on injured reserve among the cuts, while defensive tackle Nick Hayden was waived with an injury settlement.

In addition, linebacker Dontay Moch was put on the reserve/suspended list after receiving a four-game ban by the NFL for violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing substances.

Along with Muckelroy, who sat out all of last season with a torn Achilles tendon, Cincinnati waived fullbacks Jourdan Brooks and James Develin, tight end Colin Cochart, long snapper Bryce Davis, defensive ends DeQuin Evans and Micah Johnson, wide receiver Vidal Hazelton, cornerbacks T.J. Heath and Chris Lewis-Harris, running back Dan Herron, guards Otis Hudson and Reggie Stephens, linebackers Grant Hunter and Emmanuel Lamur, defensive tackle Vaughn Meatoga, offensive tackle Matthew O'Donnell and quarterback Zac Robinson.

Source: Sports Network

2. buffalobillsfan1

buffalobillsfan1 2nd String

I guess Vontaze Burfict made the team. Huh. Who on this board said he would? Learn the game people, then get back to me.

3. alright VY fan LOL

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Who on this board did say he'd make the team? I don't recall anyone saying that...lol. I remember someone saying he'd be drafted...and he went undrafted. Trying to take credit for something you didn't say? Maybe that one got lost behind the Vince Young and Shawne Merriman predictions and I missed it. Maybe you could point it out?