The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

2. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

The Eagles just cut Jaiquawn Jarrett and signed Mardy Gilyard to take his spot.

Such a waste of a 2nd round pick

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

No surprise that they wasted a 2nd round pick.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I will be updating this thread with Vick's heckups of the day.

1st quarter - INT in the end zone.

1st quarter - clearly looked at two DBs showing edge rush, which they did, and sat there and took a sack on 3rd down as if he had no clue there was two people there.

6. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Demeco Ryans having another freaking monster game.

Jason Babin showing he's freaking worthless if he isn't getting sacks.

Killing ourselves with penalties in the secondary.

Landri needs to be taking more downs from Cox. I don't give a crap if Cox is a 1st rounder, Landri gets penetration every time he takes a snap.

7. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Copied from the Gameday thread...

FREAK.

YES.

We shook off a crapty first half and played great in the second.

It's amazing what happens when Vick doesn't throw the ball to the other team! Second pick wasn't on him and he had a very good final 3 quarters. Can't give him any crap aside from two piss poor plays in the first.

CELEK! Monster!

The D was outstanding today. The coverage must have been spectacular all game because we didn't get all that great pressure. Brandon Boykin and Demeco Ryans were dominant.

We had no business winning this game with the turnovers and the way both teams played week 1, but I will take this crap to the bank!

8. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/philadelphia-eagles/0ap2000000062555/Eagles-postgame-press-conference]NFL Videos: Eagles postgame press conference[/ame]

9. SRW

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-player-interviews/0ap1000000062803/Vick-comes-up-big]NFL Videos: Vick comes up big[/ame]

10. SRW

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap1000000062937/The-tale-of-two-Vicks]NFL Videos: The tale of two Vicks[/ame]

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

what a great day. great tailgate followed by a victory.

vick = the polar opposite of mcnabb.

12. DawkinsINT

"A lot of dirty plays and cheap shots and fights and everything. If you challenge us, we’re going to challenge you back, and not only are we going to challenge you back, but we’re going to try to take it out on your quarterback. We gladly accept challenges. We like people coming at us and giving us their best shot, because we’re not backing down on anybody. We know the Ravens. The Ravens been like that for a long time. They try to intimidate you. They’ve got one of the most intimidating guys on the defensive side of the ball that’s ever played the game. That’s one of their strategies, to try to get you out of your game by intimidating you, by getting you scared, but we’re not going to let anybody intimidate us, especially in our own house.” - Cullen Jenkins

13. DawkinsINT

"'Oh man.’ I was just talking trash to their defensive line a second ago,” “I’m like, ‘There will be some serious apologizing going on out there.’”

-Cullen Jenkins in regard to him playing offensive line if there was another injury.

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

there has been a noticable change from the eagles team that got pushed all around the last couple of seasons` to now and this guy is a part of the change. need that attitude. punch us will you ? well we will drop kick you in teeth and then knock the stretcher over when you get carted by.

15. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Demeco Ryans is the catalyst. He is the quarterback of the D. He has the intangibles of a veteran captain. He is the unquestioned leader of the defense after being here for one offseason. We haven't had this kind of player on the defense since Brian Dawkins.

And not only that, but he can flat out play.

A 4th rounder??? Are you crapting me???

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

yep, i could give two craps how he played in pre-season. when the games started counting ryans showed up and has kicked butt.

it's only two games so far but this defense is already looking light years better.

17. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Since I've got Eagles on the brain... a breakdown:

Vick: not impressive first quarter, very good final three quarters. You wanna know what impressed me most? He finally started running again. And he finished the runs off smart, usually by running out of bounds. We need him to continue to run and not try to force a pass every down.

McCoy: tough game, but it is the Ravens. He's gotta make that catch on 3rd and short. And stop fumbling the damn ball.

Maclin: poor dude is getting his butt kicked this year. Gonna be a long one for him, I think. Great touchdown grab, though.

Jackson: hell of a game! Love the consistency he gave this game, as well as the attitude.

Celek: I don't know how the hell this dude was open all game, but I liked it. I think this was the most yards he's had? Wish he got a TD thrown in there though. That hurdle was ridiculous.

O-Line: Yikes. They seemed to play better when Dunlap and Kelce got out which seems strange. Dallas Reynolds has some big shoes to fill. Dunlap got his butt kicked last week and wasn't really impressing this week either. Don't know how long he'll be out, but hoping Bell can earn that check in the coming weeks.

D-Line: pretty good push all game. Flacco got off very few good throws, especially in the second half. Not many sacks, but got some good hits on Joe and did what they had to. Great strip by Cole on Ravens first series.

Linebackers: Demeco Ryans is beast. No way else to put it. Kendricks is a manchild. This guy is freaking fast and can tackle. Great pick so far. I don't even remember another linebacker on the field except for Akeem Jordan getting steamrolled by Pitta.

Secondary: VERY physical all game. I liked it. Frustrated the wideouts and caused Flacco and co. to be asking for flags every other down. They gave up what, 4 penalties? But they were good calls. Nnamdi got toasted by Jones, which was a pretty sorry excuse for a play, and DRC gave up a deep one to Torry Smith, but all in all they did real good.

Boykin: dude eliminated Boldin from this game when he had him lined up. What a phenomenal game at nickel for this kid.

Note: I thought the all-out blitz by Castillo on 3rd down was a crapty idea, and it was. Rice turned the dumpoff pass into a huge gain. I hope he throws that play in the can.

It's already been said, but it's incredible that this team is 2-0 with all of the turnovers.

If this team starts taking care of the ball more, Vick continues to use those legs when the opportunity presents itself, Shady gets +20 carries a game, and the D keeps on doing what it has been... we might get a few more wins here.

18. DawkinsINT

Good stuff, BS.

One thing I'm not sure that anyone has mentioned yet, but the team actually made half-time adjustments. The numbers for the Ravens in the 2nd half were awful, holding Rice to like 2 yards per carry, and keeping Flacco well under 50%.

In the past down by 10 at halftime to a good team usually meant they would get blown out in the 2nd half.

The team obviously still has problems with penalties and bonehead plays by the QB, and it is only 2 games, but it totally feels like a different animal than the last few years.

19. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Good call! Much different second half...

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

castillo is actually getting a ton of credit and deservingly so, for the adjustments the defense made at halftime. haven't seen that since JJ was here.

gotta agree with dawk from another thread about the cards' victory over the patys playing into the eagles favor. still a bit uneasy about this game but not as much if cards lost to NE.