Vikings Rookie K Blair Walsh Wins NFC Special Teams Player Of The Week

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by Sweets, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

All the handwringing over the drafting of K Blair Walsh and the subsequent release of longtime K Ryan Longwell may officially be put to rest, now that Walsh's rookie debut resulted in two clutch kicks that lead to a Vikings overtime victory over the Jaguars on Sunday.

To put an even finer point on it, the NFL announced on Wednesday that Walsh had received the NFC Special Teams Player of the Week for his performance.

“Honored to be named NFC Special Teams Player of the Week,â€￾ Walsh tweeted after hearing the news. “However, not possible without great snaps and holds all day from Cullen (Loeffler) and Chris (Kluwe).â€￾

Walsh hit four field goals in the game, including a 55-yard shot to send the game into overtime and a 38-yarder to win it. Of Walsh's seven kickoffs, four of them resulted in touchbacks.

Walsh's Player of the Week award is just the latest of honors received for his sterling debut performance.

Source: CBSSports

2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

Hes no Greg the Leg Zuerlien

3. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

I'm amazed anyone outside of NFC West fans even know who he is, let alone realising his right foot is actually a rocket.

4. krfire

krfire Team Veteran

He's "The Blair Walsh Project."

5. K Train

i have him in 5/5 fantasy leagues lol, he was my prodigy

6. K Train

touche