Eagles QB Michael Vick Would Like To See More Balanced Play-Calling

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by SRW, Sep 12, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Andy Reid on Wednesday was asked to clear up a gray area when it comes to this Eagles offense. Once and for all, who is calling the plays?

“Marty [Mornhinweg] does,†said Reid. “He does a good job with that. The thing we have is great communication during the game. We keep things wide open.â€

If you are looking to assign blame for the decision to throw the ball 56 times against the Browns, the offensive coordinator owns a good chunk of that.

Michael Vick was asked about the aerial show on Sunday, and whether he prefers it that way or would like the running backs to carry more of the load.

“I think we could balance it out a little bit,†said Vick. “But if Coach wants to call 56 pass plays, then that’s what it is. We’re going to go out and have a fun doing it and go out and try to make it work.

“Obviously you’d like to see some balance, but at the same time I’m never going to complain about throwing the ball.â€

Source: PhillyMag.com

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2012
  2. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

THIS! FREAKING THIS!! You have one of the top 5 RB's in the freaking game and an O-Line that can block for him. Give him the ball, get the D to stack the box and then hit a slant route to Maclin or D-Jax that can take it home. Not many guys that can keep up with them in the open field so FREAKING DO IT!!!

3. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

But that requires coachs to not be tools.

4. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Looks like Vick has more intelligence than his coach on how to use one of the sickest running backs in the league.

5. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

Vick should just make the audible and run it more despite the coaches crapty play-calling.

Although i will say last game they tried running it but it continued to get called back for stupid penalties by holding

6. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Well Mike... I'd like to see you not throw stupid ball after stupid ball to the other team.

7. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

McCoy would get 5 - 10 more touches a game in just about any other offense if the coach was using him right.

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

the only thing more predictable than reid's/marty's play calling is old faithful.