Night Of Champions

Discussion in 'Wrestling Talk' started by Mike S., Aug 24, 2012.

1. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

First PPV i did not watch a single minute of in quite a while and it sounds like I didnt really miss anything. Sounds like CM Punk botched the ending and the Draw finish is such BS. Glad I didnt watch cause this sounds terrible best thing was Team Friendship getting the job done other then that it sounds like a borefest and wasnt the Brogue kick banned or did i miss something?

2. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

1) Wrestling wise this was probably the best PPV of the year. Matches from top to bottom were fantastic.
    2) The ending wasn't botched. Both dudes had their shoulders down. It's a way to keep the title on Punk without having him go over Cena clean in Boston or having Cena win to have people tune out. Punk and Cena always have amazing matches and this one was a VERY close second to their match in Chicago last year.

All in all probably the best action PPV of the year.

3. misfitz

Fixed for you!

4. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

This was the best PPV the WWE has put together in a long time, they had me rolling in laughter with the Kane Bryan crap, they had good wrestling, and the fans got way into the last match.

Screw they even Booed when Punk got his title back as much as they hate Cena they knew that was straight bullcrap.

5. Dragonite

THE ending WAS botched, he was supposed to get a shoulder up and the match continue, when it was botched the title SHOULD have gone to Cena because when a botch happens the ref is supposed to play what he sees and if you watch you can see it was botched because a mere second after the 3 count Punk bumps his shoulder up to kick out.

With that said it was a great way to play through the botch by Cena and Punk well done there but it was clearly a botch.

6. Dragonite

Brogue kick was unbanned at the start of the match, he hit Otunga nad ADR with it during the match.

You missed a great PPV in my opinion, one I actually enjoyed for once till the end. Also watched again, and again, looked like a clean win to Cena for me, his one shoulder was up just a bit off the mat.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  7. misfitz

The PPV did nothing for me though.......I had no vested interest in the PPV. I knew Kane and Bryan would win and Ziggler would job to Orton even though he should have got the win(WWE should be building Ziggler up so when he cashes in he is not a joke champion) I knew whoever won the Battle Royal would lose to Cesaro, Layla vs Kaitlyn was something I had no interest in seeing because Kaitlyn is so bad in the ring and even Eve winning doesnt do a thing for me because she isnt that great of a wrestler. How many times have we seen ADR vs Sheamus sure it was a good match but really dont want to see them again. Cena vs Punk was something I wanted to see but not enough to get the PPV

Botched ending makes the 4.5 star match they had become a 4star match

I will probably find a way to watch the matches on youtube or something I just had no real interest in the PPV. My interest in WWE right now is not very high hopefully something happens soon that catches my interest.

8. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I dunno what you people were watching but that was a pretty damn good PPV. I have no problem with the finish in the Cena match. It keeps the title on the heel and sets up their blow off match that they will have at Hell in a Cell. Orton vs Ziggler was top notch, Cesaro and Ryder was good, and Team Friendship stole the show.

9. misfitz

I think I was the only one complaining lol I havent watched it yet only read the results so maybe the actual show will be better then the results. If anyone has a link of where I can view it I would like to see what I missed since many people say it was a great PPV.

10. misfitz

heres what I do not understand. Last PPV double submission on Big Show makes the match get restarted. "Double" pin gets a draw. That type of lack of consistency is what always has bothered me about the WWE.

11. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

There was NO way that Punk OR Cena could win that match clean or even sketchy. They needed it to end in a draw to keep this angle going. It sets up HIAC perfectly for Lesnar to get involved in the Punk/Cena match leading to a Cena/Lesnar match up at Survivor Series which is where Brock was supposed to come back anyway. And Drag, where did you read it was a botched ending?

12. SRW

WWE Night of Champions Hitlist: C.M. Punk and John Cena deliver a match of the year contender, Randy Orton vs. Dolph Ziggler, Kane and Daniel Bryan win the WWE Tag Titles, JBL brings out the best in Michael Cole

13. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

from someone on the outside looking in... it was bad for business imo for the double pin finish. cm c**t is getting boring with all this i demand respect bullcrap. hell we seen this same act during invasion with stone cold doing the same routine. then we got sheamus beating alberto del rio just because he sucks off hhh. del rio deserves a title run again. his mic work is well beyond sheamus and his matches are better.

i did have to change this because i would have been carded for using raciest terms instead of sheamus. would have made hell of a promo imo

14. WC Jerome

WC Jerome The poster formerly known as 'MK'!!

Why do I see a possible pairing of the Cena & The Rock at Survivor Series...AGAIN...against Punk & Lesnar this time around? Just a hunch... :icon_rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  15. SRW

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVjw2dSyt6M]John Cena vs CM Punk - Night Of Champions 2012 (Full Match HD) - YouTube[/ame]

16. SRW

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wta7ujpxwLE]Kane and Daniel Bryan vs. Kofi Kingston and R-Truth - Night Of Champions 2012 (Full Match HD) - YouTube[/ame]

17. SRW

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVDKuMKVnPc]Dolph Ziggler vs Randy Orton - Night Of Champions 2012 (Full Match HD) - YouTube[/ame]