Saints LB Jonathan Vilma Says NFL 'Bullied' Gregg Williams To Signing Affidavit

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by SRW, Sep 17, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The attorney for New Orleans Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma told USA TODAY Sports on Monday that an affidavit from a former coach that implicates his client in the Bountygate scandal "is a reiteration of prior false statements," and Vilma has "eight or nine" sworn statements that refute those claims.

In the statement to the NFL, dated Sept. 14, former defensive coordinator Gregg Williams said the Saints had a pool of money that rewarded hits that took out opposing players and Vilma was a participant, sources with knowledge of the meeting said.

But attorney Peter Ginsberg ridiculed the evidence, which was presented to Vilma during a three-hour meeting Monday with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.

"It is a surprise that an affidavit was shown to us that was signed only three days ago," Ginsberg said with a laugh.

He added: "I don't want to guess about his motives, but I can say adamantly the information Gregg Williams has previously stated is untrue."

Vilma, however, was clear on what he believed Williams' motives were: "You obviously want me to be guilty if you cant see that gregg was bullied to sign the affidavit. He signed 3days ago!" he posted in a tweet Monday night.

Source: USA Today

2. buffalobillsfan1

buffalobillsfan1 2nd String

Bullcrap. When is this going to end. Your guilty Vilma. Take your suspension like a man.