Bears WR Brandon Marshall Fires Back At Warren Sapp For Offensive Comment

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by SRW, Sep 24, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Bears wide receiver Brandon Marshall fired back at NFL Network analyst Warren Sapp, the former NFL defensive tackle who called out Marshall as a selfish player and "goober" on The Dan Patrick Show last Friday.

Marshall shared a video Monday in which he goes on the offensive against Sapp's comments, which stemmed from Sapp's belief that Marshall doesn't know the history of the game.
    Brandon Marshall and Warren Sapp are feuding in the world's most public places: television and social media. (AP Photo)

“Good morning, world,†Marshall said in the video. “Listen, I got a very disturbing heads up on something Warren Sapp said. He called me 'goobered.' That’s really disappointing to hear that from an NFL Legend. But I’m going to take this as a lesson. I think we all can learn from this. Be very careful who you take advice from."

There was another reason Marshall took particular offense to Sapp using a derogatory term tied to mental illness. Last summer, Marshall revealed he has been living with "borderline personality disorder" (BPD), something he's working hard to treat with help from others.

"You want to surround yourself with good people, Godly people," Marshall continued in the video, which he shot in his car. "Warren Sapp, I can’t go to him and talk finances because he filed for bankruptcy. I can’t go to him and talk about my marriage because he filed for divorce. I can’t go to him and talk about being a great father, because one day I’m going to have kids, because he’s not active in his children’s life."

Source: Sporting News

2. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Brandon just knockin' the snot out that boy....:icon_smile:

3. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Is Sapp a victim of Post Concussion Syndrome? Maybe he is the "goobered" one. I know networks like controversial comments but this is getting stupid.

4. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Why is Sapp still on TV?

5. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Why is Sapp not court ordered to stay 500' from open microphones?

6. Huxley

Huxley ...

Damn right. Ouch.

7. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

this x infinity

8. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

its like watching two snitches slap one another in the school yard

9. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

At least that would be entertaining. Might see a shirt torn off or something. He is just wasting oxygen that could be better suited somewhere else.