NFL, Referees Reach Agreement; Refs Back On Field Thursday

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SRW, Sep 26, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The NFL and the NFL Referees Association reached an agreement late Wednesday night on an eight-year collective bargaining agreement, subject to ratification by the NFLRA.

The agreement comes almost exactly 48 hours after the highly controversial ruling that decided Monday's game between the Green Bay Packers and Seattle Seahawks.

The two sides agreed to create a developmental program as a compromise to the NFL's demand for the addition of 21 officials to the current contingent of 121 NFLRA members, per an NFLRA source. The pool of money for the existing officials also will remain the same.

An NFLRA crew will work Thursday night's game between the Cleveland Browns and Baltimore Ravens.

"Our officials will be back on the field starting tomorrow night," NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said. "We appreciate the commitment of the NFLRA in working through the issues to reach this important agreement."

Source: Sports Network

2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Screwin finally!

3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Good. Good.

Can I go back to hate the regular refs now, or do I have to wait until monday?

Sent from my LG-970h using Tapatalk 2

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

5. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZoQTevmiaU]George Frideric Händel - Aleluya (El Mesías) - YouTube[/ame]

6. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

It got worse with each passing week and culminated in a team losing because of the horrendous officiating. And if those officials were from the college ranks, God help the NCAA.

[​IMG]

7. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

Will this make every call correct? No but at least they will know what they are doing. Welcome back guys

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Wow, I am shocked that they are back on the field that quick...but thank God!!

9. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Thank god. but im sure we all will be complaining about them by the end of this weeks game just like we did with the replacement officials. were all human we will complain

10. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

no, most people are so wound up about this, the real refs are going to get applauded at the stadiums this week and people will cut them some slack, at least for a while........ probably the rest of the season..... and then next season everyone will forget and go back to normal.

11. Huxley

Huxley ...

Great to hear that.

12. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

I hope Ed is the head Ref for tonights first game back
    \m/

13. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Ed Hochuli needs to come out of the tunnel and do the Ray Lewis dance.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

Maybe the Brian Dawkins entrance?

15. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

:icon_acool:

16. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Well... that's partially right. The fact is there is no way they can heck up and miss as many calls as the replacements, so that is why they won't get as much grief. Because there is no possible way they will be as bad.

17. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I'll be looking forward to a flow to the NFL games now. Before, with the sub refs, there was no flow to the games. Just starts and stops.

18. Cletusaurus

Cletusaurus YES! YES! YES!

Whoever it is will be fantastic. Who knows, maybe if a Cleveland d-lineman gets tackled to the ground with an arm around his neck on a pass rush it'll actually get called! :icon_rolleyes:

19. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

at least they will know who is playing and which hash mark to spot the ball.

20. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Schefter tweeted today that Hochili's crew will work the Bengals-Jaguars game. I think he deserves better.

Sent from my LG-970h using Tapatalk 2