Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones Addresses Team After Loss

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by Sweets, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones said he spoke with the team following Monday night’s 34-18 loss to the Chicago Bears, Jon Machota of the Dallas Morning News reports.

And this was the message he delivered.

“Individually I just wanted to say that I could say, I’ve been buried nine feet under before with no hope and got to see some sunshine and came out and that’s what you got to do,†Jones recalled. “Nobody is more disappointed for our fans than these players. Nobody is more disappointed than Tony (Romo), there’s no question about it. We’ll get in here and look and see how we can play better. I am surprised.â€

Jones later added: “We’ve seen this team play well and it can play a lot better.â€

Source: The Redzone

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

the one positive for them is its only week 4

3. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

The talk of Jason Garrett's job security in 3,2,1!

4. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I love the fact that wade phillips is now on the texans that are 4-0 after the crap he went through with the cowboys.

5. DaBearsrule4ever

Wade Phillips is DC material, not HC material.

Seriously though, luckily for the Cowboys, we're only headed to week 5.

6. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

Same can be said for Jerry Jones...

Jerry Jones is Owner material, not GM material

7. DaBearsrule4ever

I agree... I honestly think Jerry Jones needs to hire a GM. Being an owner and GM at the sametime is honestly too stressful the way I see it.

8. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Plus the added stress of him admitting being buried ala Crypt Keeper & having to dig himself out. :icon_smile:

9. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Did he stop watching after the 1st half, like he did last MNF?

10. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Garrett isnt HC material

but we cant sit around making excuses

11. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

JJ IS NOT going to hire a new GM. He just isn't. He tried sharing power with Parcells and he hated it. JJ is the GM until he dies.

IMO, that's one of the many things that's wrong with this team. Too many hats worn by the same person. JJ is the owner AND GM.

12. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

The Cowboys will NEVER reach the SB again until Jerry either dies or retires. Our failures start and end with HIM.

13. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

This^^^

When I look back at the Jimmy Johnson teams, especially the O-Lines, they were almost all later round picks and picks made by Johnson, not Jones. Johnson was uncanny in spotting a player that fit his system and would be a team guy. When Jimmy left, so did sound football decisions.

Jerry only has himself to blame for this latest debacle. True, the players play the game, but if there is no chemistry, failure is a certainty. The Arizona Cardinals aren't 4-0 because of superior talent like the Cowboys, the team chemistry is the best I've seen in 20 years and they'd all take a bullet for each other. I don't think the same can be said for the 'Boys.

Until such time Jones lets go of the reigns (:rollinglaugh:) the Cowboys will continue its course of mediocrity. Here's to Jerry Jones.......:drinks:

14. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

when i was driving around today, SVP was reading the Boys schedule over the next several weeks and it is brutal.

if they are 3-6 after 9 weeks, does garrett get das boot?

15. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Jerry's got to blame somebody because it's not his, Bryant's, Romo's or anybody else's fault, so it must be Garrett's fault.

16. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

I doubt it. Jerry will find something or someone else to blame. Garrett was his hand pick successor and he doesn't like to admit he was wrong. But if they go under 8-8 he will make changes but Garrett stays IMO.

And about Jerry and the GM spot. Jerry is a business man not a football guy. Until he realizes that the Cowboys are set to never win another Superbowl or better yet make one.