Terry Bradshaw Critical Of How Drew Brees Celebrated His Record-Breaking TD

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by SRW, Oct 10, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Drew Brees threw a touchdown pass for the 48th straight game on Sunday night against the San Diego Chargers, and his New Orleans Saints triumphed in front of their beloved, persecuted, suspended head coach Sean Payton. It was an evening of joy for the Saints and their loyal fans.

The Fox analyst and four-time Super Bowl champion Terry Bradshaw hated it, saiying on New York's WFAN that he didn't care for the way Drew Brees orchestrated the evening, and wasn't even that impressed with the record itself.

"I was a little upset that he went to the NFL to get Payton and everybody back to watch him break a record," Bradshaw said. "I'm like, 'Are you kidding me?' I never would have gone and asked for them back … I thought it was disrespectful to the San Diego Chargers … So break it, go ahead. Hell, you're throwing it 50 times a game … I'm just against stuff like that. I just don't believe in doing stuff like that."

It wasn't just Brees' actions Bradshaw didn't like, though. The record itself doesn't impress him much.

"I'm not much on that stuff … I'm not into records, fellas. I'm just into winning football games. [The Saints] hadn't won a game … I'm not into records, I'm into winning Super Bowls … These things aren't important. We lose sight of why we play. We play to win and to win championships, not to break records."

Source: Yahoo! Sports

2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Jelly.

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

hes so dumb when he talks

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Have a beer and shut the heck up Bradshaw.

5. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

and another blowhard responds.....

Joe Horn ‏[MENTION=3022]joe[/MENTION]Horn87
    Hey Terry Bradshaw while u cry and give your opinion about why U think it wasnt important Drew broke the record stop PLAYER HATING JERK!!

Joe Horn ‏[MENTION=3022]joe[/MENTION]Horn87
    And by the way if it wasnt for the STEELE CURTAIN GIVING U THE BALL BACK 70% of the game u wouldnt have smelled 3 of your super bowl rings !

6. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

STFU Bradshaw

7. Bradshaw is so overrated.

8. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

winning 4 superbowl rings allows you to say idiotic things it seems

9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

eh, if you listen to the audio and take in the full context of what he's saying, terry is just trying to say that individual records don't mean crap in football because it's a team sport, which is basically correct and admirable. however, where he's wrong is that i don't think Brees was trying to put himself individually on a pedestal. the reason he wanted everyone there is because he views it as a TEAM accomplishment, which it is. Payton's system and all of Brees' teammates obviously played a huge part in the record, so Brees simply wanted everyone there.

10. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Hit the nail right on the head with that one. Brees was an awesome QB before he came to NO but he's really flourished in Payton's system. It's like asking a family member(which is what those guys essentially are) to be there for a big moment.

11. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Shut up Terry....go become a born again virgin, again.

12. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

seems to me bradshaw is a little jealous

13. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Yea this seems really really stupid.Bradshaw needs to quit snitching about nothing.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

Aikman and Bradshaw need to be locked in a room to discuss these issues and their Super Bowl Rings. The one that doesn't tap out from the other one talking can stay employed by Fox.

15. or how about the one that actually does his job well gets to keep it. Aikman is an excellent broadcaster.