Ravens LB Ray Lews Out For Season With A Torn Triceps

Discussion in 'Baltimore Ravens' started by Mike, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

The news on Ray Lewis’s arm injury is every bit as bad as feared. Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reports that an MRI on Lewis showed a complete tear of triceps, meaning Lewis is done for the year. For the Ravens, that’s a major blow: Although Lewis may not be playing at quite the same level as he was when he was the best defensive player in football a decade ago, he’s still a good linebacker and the team’s unquestioned leader. That’s a hard player to replace.

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2012
  2. WC Jerome

WC Jerome The poster formerly known as 'MK'!!

What a blow to Ravens. I know he really hasn't been much of a physical factor, but it's hard to deny that he's definitely the emotional leader of that entire team, not just the defense. Hell, he's basically the face of that franchise.

3. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

I'm not a Ravens fan.. But I am a huge Ray Lewis fan. This saddens me. Tough loss for for that franchise.

4. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

He's washed up anyways. They will just miss the leadership but Suggs will be back soon.

5. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

Harsh words man.. Ray is still better than most LB's.

6. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

They are talking about him on ESPN like he announced his retirement already.

7. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

As much as I hate Ray Lewis, it would really suck if such an amazing career ends with an injury.

8. FdMstng99

FdMstng99 Man of Steel

Tough loss and what makes it worse is that Webb is also done for the season. Suggs will be an impact player but it won' t be an instant thing, will take a few games.

9. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I've never been a Ray Lewis fan but i've always respected him for his play on the field and his leadership. He is not just the mouth piece for that Ravens defense but the mouth piece for that whole team. It will suck if his career ends like this but if thats the case, see you in Canton in 5 years.