Eagles Coach Andy Reid's Son Died Of Heroin Overdose

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by Sweets, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Garrett Reid, the son of Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid, died in August of an accidental heroin overdose, according to a report from a Philadelphia television station.

The Northampton County District Attorney is expected to release details of its investigation during a news conference Thursday afternoon, but WPVI-TV in Philadelphia cited sources as saying the cause of death was heroin.

Garrett Reid died Aug. 5 at the age of 29. He was found dead in a dorm room at Lehigh University, site of the Eagles' training camp.

The younger Reid had battled substance abuse for a few years, spending time in jail as a result, and Andy Reid had mentioned the drug problems in the immediate aftermath of Garrett's death.

Source: The Sports Network

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  2. 86WARD

86WARD -

That's sad...

3. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Not a shock.

4. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Damn kids.

Sad.

6. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I find it funny they called it an "accidental" heroine OD. Anytime you heck with a hard drug like Heroine there is a big chance of over dosing.

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Such a shame.

8. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, he was a troubled kid for many years and finally self-destructed.

9. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

Heroin's a hell of a drug. - Layne Staley

10. damn shame. So much for all that talk of him turning his life around.

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

i dont know how reid is dealing with this and coaching. it has to be weighing on him.

football aside andy reid is a great person. i think everyone sees that. losing a child is the worst thing that can happen to you - maybe some time away from the game is needed for him.