Buccaneers Shopping CB Aqib Talib?

Discussion in 'Tampa Bay Buccaneers' started by SRW, Oct 20, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

There has been speculation that the Buccaneers privately might be shopping cornerback Aqib Talib to other teams ahead of the Week Eight trade deadline. The market for a talented corner in the prime of his career, as Talib is, was set before the season, when the Dolphins traded CB Vontae Davis to the Colts for a 2013 second-round pick and a conditional late-round pick. A deal for Talib would be complicated by his contract situation — he’s in the final year of his rookie deal — and his status as a repeat offender of the league’s personal-conduct policy. As a result, it appears that Talib’s future this season is with the Bucs.

Source: Pro Football Weekly

2. Well I've got to be honest, I really loved the guy when they drafted him, hell I thought Ronde Barber and him could have shaped into a very nice duo for a few years from the start.. That time has come and gone and with the release of Tenard Jackson a while back, it is Ronde Barber and Mark Barron who may be an entertaining duo to watch for the rest of the season. I don't have much faith in Eric Wright though.

Agreed. I doubt very much he will part from the Buccaneers this season. I really wonder what a team would offer for him though..

3. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

I don't think they get a trade partner I mean he has a ton of baggage and if a team was interested they would probably wait for free agency if the Bucs don't resign him

4. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

There is no way anyone gives up a 2nd for a guy on the last year of his deal and with legal problems. Vontae Davis was just immature but the talent was there. That's why the Colts gave up a 2 and conditional for him. But Talib? He's borderline toxic.

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

agree with the thoughts here. not sure why anyone would want him, no less giving up a draft pick for him .............

6. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

schefter is reporting the patriots have traded for Talib. not sure what they gave up though.

7. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

4th round pick for Talib and a 7th round pick.