Panthers Fire GM Marty Hurney After 1-5 Start

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by SRW, Oct 22, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Panthers owner Jerry Richardson announced Monday morning the firing of general manager Marty Hurney. The move comes less than 24 hours after the Panthers struggled in a 19-14 loss to the Cowboys, dropping their record to 1-5.

“This was an extremely difficult decision,â€￾ Richardson said in a team statement. “Marty made every effort to bring success to the Panthers and took the team to a Super Bowl and two NFC championship games. Unfortunately, we have not enjoyed the success we hoped for in recent years. I have the greatest respect and admiration for Marty and will always appreciate the way he tirelessly served the organization.â€￾

Following the loss to the Cowboys, a frustrated Cam Newton said “something’s going to have to changeâ€￾ and wanted to implement a suggestion box.

Hurney recently took the blame for the team’s poor start, saying that he hates losing. He had been the Panthers GM since 2002.

Source: Sports Illustrated

2. that's rough.

3. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-am/0ap1000000083688/Panthers-GM-Hurney-fired]Carolina Panthers GM Marty Hurney fired - NFL Videos[/ame]

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Team is a mess...

5. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Here's the way I see it.

If Cam isn't running, the Panthers aren't winning. However, Cam running increases his chances of getting hurt and shortening his career.

I don't know what the answer is.

6. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Don't draft a franchise QB that can't read a defense and is a lazy spoiled brat.

7. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

and this means rivera is basically a dead man walking because new g.m.'s typically want their own guy.