Should Norv Turner Be Fired After The Chargers' Latest Loss?

Discussion in 'San Diego Chargers' started by SRW, Oct 16, 2012.

?

Should the Chargers fire Norv Turner?

1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

2. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

He isn't really a bad talent evaluator, his last 3 drafts so far look good: Ryan Mathews, Donald Butler, Cam Thomas (good backup NT), Corey Liuget, Vincent Brown, Melvin Ingram, Kendall Reyes and Ladarius Green (he has a ton of potential). I mean it's a little early to see how the last 2 drafts will ultimately look like but they look positive.

Really he had 3 bad/awful drafts in a row and you could even say 5.

Cromartie ended up being a headcase, McNeil already retired, Merriman flamed out quickly, Castillo became too injury prone, Jackson is gone, Sproles is gone etc.

So yea you add 3 bad drafts with no longer having players from the good drafts it can pile up. Weddle is really the only good player from those 5 drafts that is still on the team

If he continues to draft like he has the last 3 years the Chargers will have the talent to be a good team.

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

eh, i think the jury is still out on their recent drafts. i wouldn't rate them as high as you're rating them at this point but time will tell.

more importantly, no one questions his scouting ability, when he's the one doing it. i simply question his performance as g.m., which has many other duties on top of drafting.

4. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Norv Turner is like Wade Phillips, great coordinator but just not a head coach.

5. Buffgrandpa

Buffgrandpa Resident Pervert

Keep Norv...don't need them out looking for a good coach....

6. FamousGuy909

FamousGuy909 Ticket Scalper

i'm actually just as surprised a.j. smith still has a job in san diego as i am that norv is still coaching there.<--------- Thats because Dean Spanos is a KITTY

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

@FamousGuy09 - agree with you 100%. The Spanos family has to grab a set of nuts and clean house from top to bottom if they want to right this mess...Smith and Turner CLEARLY are hurting the progression of this team...

8. -Scar-

-Scar- Doomship Commander-In-Chi

Norv should go like prune juice through grandpa's guts.

9. SRW

The fans let out a collective groan when it was reported he was coming back this year. The only question at this point should be if A.J. Smith is shown the door as well as Norv. Old man Spanos is on his last legs and he's not about to go another round with this crew.

10. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

They should and will fire everybody. I Expect them to go after kelly from oregon.he almost left last year to go to tampa bay,but changed his mind at the last second. Norv is a Great OC,but he is an awful head coach!

11. SRW

This team is more than a head coaching change away from being back up there. They have some serious roster holes that might take 2-3 years to fix. I wonder if Philip Rivers' window has closed or if it's time to call this era over and barter him for picks.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Said the same. May be time for Rivers to get a change of scenery. From top to bottom...re-evaluate and clean house. Follow the Eagles lead.

13. SRW

What can you get for Rivers right now? He could be the missing piece for the right team. You have to wonder if he's past his expiration date though.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

Now? Call the Jets, Cardinals, Browns, Dolphins, Eagles, Vikings...they all may be interested...probably get a high pick for him...

15. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

For Larry Fitzgerald's sake I hope the Cardinals would be interested.

Norv has to go. This team has been underachieving ever since he got hired. I don't see how he still has his job.