Steelers Shut Down RG3, Defeat Redskins 27-12

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SRW, Oct 28, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Ben Roethlisberger tossed a trio of touchdown passes on Sunday as the Pittsburgh Steelers defeated the Washington Redskins, 27-12, at Heinz Field.

Roethlisberger threw for 222 yards on 24-of-33 passing and Jonathan Dwyer carried the ball 17 times for 107 yards to lead the Steelers (4-3) to their sixth straight victory at home.

Robert Griffin III struggled to find his rhythm all day, as the rookie signal-caller completed just 16-of-34 passes for 177 yards and one touchdown, while managing just eight rushing yards on six carries.

Alfred Morris carried the ball 13 times for 59 yards for the Redskins (3-5), who have lost five straight games against the Steelers.

Source: Sports Network

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2012
  2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Steelers did a great job of shutting down the 'Skins running game and forcing them to pbutt...the receivers on Washington helped with the record number drops for 2012.

3. SRW

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000086477/Redskins-vs-Steelers-highlights]Redskins vs. Steelers highlights - NFL Videos[/ame]

4. SRW

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000086978/GameDay-Redskins-vs-Steelers-highlights]GameDay: Washington Redskins vs. Pittsburgh Steelers highlights - NFL Videos[/ame]

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i would not say the steelers 'shut down' RG3...... i WOULD say the redskins receivers shut down RG3..... if his receivers hadn't dropped at least 10 passes yesterday, that game would have been a lot closer than it was.

RG3 was actually finding the open receivers and throwing the ball pretty well.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think they were more so talking about his running game.

7. Buffgrandpa

Buffgrandpa Resident Pervert

That was tough watching all those dropped passes. Romo probably wishes the Giants could catch like that....