Eagles QB Michael Vick Unhappy With Marcus Vick's Comments

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by Sweets, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Michael Vick had just finished one of his more disappointing outings as a starter for the Philadelphia Eagles, if he suffers another loss in one of these "must win" games, he will probably lose his job.

The last thing Vick probably expected to answer questions about at that point were tweets that his brother, Marcus, wrote, welcome to 2012.

Marcus blamed the Eagles' offensive line for his brother's troubles and asked for the Eagles to trade Michael before deleting the tweet. (Among other things.) Michael clearly was unhappy to hear it after the Eagles' 28-13 loss Monday to the New Orleans Saints.

"He tweeted that during the game? I'm sorry. I'm unaware of that," Michael Vick told reporters before pausing with disappointment, via CSNPhilly.com.

"That's something I'm really going to have to address once I leave here. We're out there fighting as hard as we can, giving it everything we've got, and that's certainly not the case. I love each and every guy in that locker room, and if I could make every play right I would. I know they would do the same, so that's certainly not the case."

Source: NFL.com

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2012
  2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Watching that game last night, I actually felt a little bad for Vick. Last night wasn't really his fault. That INT, Celek has to see that ball coming, his arm was held...not Vick's fault. Vick was out there fighting and basically was getting no help. When McCoy was running the way he was last night, 94 yards in the first half and only winds up with 19 carries and 119 yards? McCoy should've run the ball 30 times last night...last night was all about poor coaching IMO.

Then what was with Reid's comment about Castillo? Miscalculation?!? Why? Firing him? Making the OLine coach and making him a DC? Making him the scapegoat?

I don't get it...

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, the coaching is horrible right now, most of the players aren't playing well, vick is not playing well ............... it is a big mess and if the rest of season plays out like this, we should see a massive house cleaning with reid fired, vick and many other expensive free agents released, roseman put back into personnel, a g.m. brought in, a new h.c. hired, and start re-grouping.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

i get the feeling that marty hates vick. why else would he keep calling empty backfield plays ?

5. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

He hardly had a chance last night behind that line

6. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

offseason #1 priority o line

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Before head coach and QB?

8. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Yes. I don't care who you stick back there, they are dead with that offensive line.

9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Last night was different than most of the other games this year.

Last night was not on Vick. The line was absolute dogcrap, and the pick was more on Celek than Vick. The playcalling was lousy and unbalanced once again.

However, it doesn't change the fact that he is still unable to audible for protection on a blindside rusher coming unguarded off the edge, or locate the hot route and getting the ball out faster.

I mean I really don't care if Foles starts. If we think he is the QB of the future, get the man some playing time. And pick a favorable scheme that has him throwing the ball within three seconds.

10. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

who gives a heck what his flunkie drug addict brother says?

11. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

4/5 of the starting O-Line is injured. Get the O-Line healthy and we're fine, end of story.

12. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

his brother is still trying to be relevant?

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

I disagree, Ben Roethlisberger as an example. Sure he was getting sacked, but he was still winning. Aaron Rodgers this season. Getting killed, but playing well. I would begin with a QB and then O-Line after that.

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

nah, ben and aaron never, ever had it this bad.

that said the line was "fine" last year and the team's record was what again ?